We're getting lots of emails regularly asking same question: How can I change Start button text in Windows?
Although we have mentioned it in following tutorial:
But many times people miss this article. So today we decided to write a small separate tutorial about it.
This tutorial will help you in customizing Start button text in Windows Taskbar. You can completely remove the text or change it with your name or any other desired text string.
Following is an example of the output which you'll get after following this tutorial:
Simply follow these simple steps to change start button text in Windows:
1. Open "%windir%\Explorer.exe" file in Resource Hacker. Here %windir% means "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system. Most of the times its C:\Windows.
2. Now go to:
String Table -> 37 -> 1033 -> 578 (If you are using Luna theme)
String Table -> 38 -> 1033 -> 595 (If you are using Windows Classic theme)
3. Once you go to the above mentioned section, you'll see a string "start" in right-side pane of Resource Hacker.
You just need to change it with whatever text you want to show on start button. Make sure you keep the quotes around it.
4. That's it. Once you change the text, click on "Compile Script" button and save the file.
Restart your system and you'll see the new text on start button.
NOTE 1: To know more about Resource Hacker, visit following link:
NOTE 2: If you are facing problems while saving a file after editing in resource hacker, then make sure you have disabled WFP (Windows File Protection) service using WFP Patcher or use Replacer to replace the file.
NOTE 3: If you get "Cannot create file" error message while saving the file, please check following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Get the Good Old Classic Chat Interface Back in Facebook?
- Download Free Official Themes for Google Chrome Web Browser
- How to Disable “Install Windows Updates and Shut Down” Option in Windows Start Menu?
- Get Windows 7’s Advanced “Windows Update” in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008
- How to Change Homepage Settings in Google Chrome?
- How to Add or Remove Entries from Context Menus in Windows?