How to Change Registered Owner and Organization Name in Windows?
When Windows is installed in a system, some information is asked to be entered during installation time. One such thing is Registered Owner and Organization name. You can enter any desired owner name and organization name at installation time. This information is shown in "System Properties", "Windows Version" and is also used while installing many 3rd party software.
Sometimes we might want to change this information because we entered some incorrect name at the installation time or may be because we got Windows already installed in our computers with some unwanted owner and organization names.
So here I'm posting a very small tutorial which can be used to change the Registered Owner and Organization name in Windows:
1. Following is a screenshot of "System Properties" which shows the Registered Owner as "Vishal" and Organization name as "Gupta":
2. To change this information, type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry editor. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, change the value of "RegisteredOwner" and "RegisteredOrganization" to any desired string:
4. Close Registry editor and open System properties again. Now it'll show the new Registered Owner and Organization names:
PS: You can also change Registered Owner and Organization names using various tweaking software. Almost all tweaking software provide options to change them.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Aomei Partition Assistant: Download Free Hard Disk Partition Manager Software for Windows
- Metro UI: Download Windows 8 Metro Style Black, Blue and White Themes for Yahoo! Messenger
- List of Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Command Prompt in Windows
- Download Transparent Notepad for Windows
- Free Opener: Free Utility to Open 70+ Popular File Formats
- [Fix] Apps and Programs Automatically Minimize in Windows 10