How to Change Lock Screen Background Image in Windows 8 and Later
Windows 8 comes with many new features and one of them is the new "Lock Screen". Windows 8 lock screen is similar to the traditional lock screen present in smartphones. It shows battery and Internet connection status along with a few other apps information such as Mail, etc.
It also shows a nice background image which can be changed using PC settings. Many AskVG readers have asked about how to change lock screen background in Windows 8? After getting many emails regarding the same question, today I decided to create this tutorial.
This tutorial will help you in customizing lock screen background image in Windows 8. If you also want to change the background image, just follow these simple steps:
1. Move your mouse cursor to top-right corner of screen to access Charms Bar. Alternatively you can press Win+C keys together to access it.
2. Now click on Settings option given in Charms Bar. Then click on "Change PC settings" link given at the bottom of right-sidebar.
3. It'll open the new immersive or Metro Control Panel showing the lock screen settings page by default.
4. Here you can select lock screen background image. Windows 8 comes with 6 built-in background images for lock screen. One is the default background image and other 5 images are given in lock screen settings page to choose from.
You can click on any desired image and it'll be applied immediately.
5. If you want to set your desired wallpaper as background of lock screen, click on "Browse" button and then you can select any desired image.
Once you select the image, click on "Choose picture" button.
6. That's it. Your selected image will be set as lock screen background immediately.
7. In future, if you want to reset default background images of lock screen, just right-click on the background image in lock screen settings page and select "Revert to defaults" option.
That's it. It would have been really better if the same feature was provided by Microsoft for Start Screen as well...
UPDATE: If you are using Windows 10, you can find the option to change Lock Screen background image in Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen page.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Google Chrome Built-in Spell Checker?
- Windows 7 Logon Reworked: Get Longhorn Style Aurora Login Screen in Windows 7
- How to Restore Missing “New” or “New Folder” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows?
- Introducing Windows 8: Download Free Windows 8 e-book from Microsoft
- [Windows Tip] Disable Delay Time in Launching Startup Programs
- Download Windows XP and Windows 7 Look-Like Linux Distributions