Almost all email desktop clients store the emails locally for offline access. We use Windows Live Mail desktop client and it also stores messages on local computer.
Windows Live Mail stores these emails in following location:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\
You can type the above mentioned path in RUN or Windows Explorer addressbar and press Enter and it'll open the message store folder.
Sometimes you might need to change the message store location to get some free space in your system drive. Or you might want to move the storage folder in case you want to format the system drive and don't want to loose emails.
Today in this tutorial, we'll tell you how to change message store location in Windows Live Mail:
1. Open Windows Live Mail and press ALT key. It'll show Menubar. Now select Options from Tools menu.
PS: If you are using latest wave 4 version which comes with Ribbon UI, you can access Options by clicking on the Menu button at top-left corner.
2. Now go to Advanced tab and click on Maintenance button.
3. Again click on Store Folder button.
4. Now click on Change button and select the desired new folder where you want to store your email messages.
5. Save the changes and close Windows Live Mail.
6. Now restart Windows Live Mail and it'll move your emails to new folder.