How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail
Almost all email desktop clients store the emails locally for offline access. We use Windows Live Mail desktop client and it also stores messages on local computer.
Windows Live Mail stores these emails in following location:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\
You can type the above mentioned path in RUN or Windows Explorer addressbar and press Enter and it'll open the message store folder.
Sometimes you might need to change the message store location to get some free space in your system drive. Or you might want to move the storage folder in case you want to format the system drive and don't want to lose emails. It may also help if you want to create a portable version of Windows Live Mail email client.
Today in this tutorial, we'll tell you how to change message store location in Windows Live Mail:
1. Open Windows Live Mail and press ALT key. It'll show Menubar. Now select Options from Tools menu.
PS: If you are using wave 4 (2011) or later version of Windows Live Mail which comes with Ribbon UI, you need to click on File -> Options -> Mail.
2. Now go to Advanced tab and click on Maintenance button.
3. Again click on Store Folder button.
4. Now click on Change button and select the desired new folder where you want to store your email messages.
5. Save the changes and close Windows Live Mail.
6. Now restart Windows Live Mail and it'll move your emails to new folder.
- Registry Tweak to Change Message Store Folder in Windows Live Mail Email Client
- How to Import Feeds into Windows Live Mail from Other RSS Feed Readers
- [Fix] Windows Live Mail Automatically Adds New Email IDs in your Contacts List
- How to Disable / Turn Off "Conversations" View in Windows Live Mail
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- How to Get "Hide Window When Minimized" Option Back in Windows Live Mail
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Free “Microsoft Download Manager” from Microsoft
- Windows 8 will Boot Faster than Previous Windows Versions, Microsoft Confirms
- How to Enable Image Slide Show Feature on Windows 8.1 Lock Screen?
- Best Free Text Editors and Alternatives to Notepad
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 7 Bugs and Goof-ups
- Download Classic Shell Skin to Get Windows 7 Look-Like Start Menu and Start Button in Windows 8