How to Change Default Wallpaper Directory in Desktop Properties in Windows XP?
This tip is for Windows XP users. When you want to change the desktop wallpaper, you right-click on desktop, select Properties and go to "Desktop" tab. Now you see a few wallpapers in the given list:
You can select any of them but if your wallpapers are somewhere else, you'll need to click on "Browse" button and then go to that folder and select the desired wallpaper.
Its not a big deal but what if you are a wallpaper freak and change the wallpaper every day or hour?It might get irritating for you to click on Browse and go to the directory each time.
Now here I'll show you a way to change the default wallpaper directory in Desktop Properties, so that whenever you'll open it, it'll show the wallpapers present in your desired folder:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. In right-side pane, you'll see a string value "WallPaperDir". Its default value will be:
You have to change it to your desired wallpaper directory path. Suppose your wallpapers are stored in "E:\Wallpapers" directory, then set the value to "E:\Wallpapers".
3. Exit registry editor and open Desktop Properties again. Now it'll show all wallpapers present in the folder which you set in registry:
4. That's it. Now you'll no longer need to browse through various folders each time you want to change the wallpaper.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Linux Boot Loader from Startup After Deleting Linux Partitions?
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Download Avast! Free Antivirus for Windows
- Best Windows 7 Registry Tweaks and Tips-n-Tricks Which Work in Windows 8 and Later
- Download Windows 8 Concept Login Screen “Gloosh” for Windows 7
- [Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature