Windows 7 comes with an advanced and re-designed Windows Explorer. Although it is easy to use but its not very customizable.
You can't customize command bar, you can't remove items from navigation pane. Although these things are possible by using registry tricks and 3rd party apps which we have mentioned in past.
One similar issue is that "User Home" folder, "Control Panel" and "Recycle Bin" items are only visible in navigation pane when you select "Show all folders" option. These items are not shown in normal view.
Today in this tutorial, we'll tell you how to show these 3 items always in navigation pane as shown in following screenshot:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start menu search box and press Enter. it'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following keys one by one:
To add Control Panel:
To add User Home Folder:
To add Recycle Bin:
3. Now you'll need to create a new String value PinToNameSpaceTree in right-side pane but Windows will not allow you to create it as you won't have proper permissions.
To get permissions, first right-click on "ShellFolder" key and select "Permissions".
It'll open a new window. Select "Administrators" in user list and check "Allow" box given for "Full Control" permission.
Click on OK button to apply the changes.
4. Now create a new String value "PinToNameSpaceTree" in right-side pane. Leave its value as blank.
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and you'll get the desired item visible in Windows Explorer's navigation pane.