"Aero Peek" is a new feature in Windows 7 which has replaced the old "Show Desktop" shortcut. It can be found as a small rectangle present at the end of Taskbar. When you hover the mouse cursor over it, it allows you to peek behind all open windows by hiding all windows and showing only outlines of all windows.
The default delay time to preview Desktop is set to 1 second by default but sometimes it gets annoying when you accidentally hover your mouse over it.
Today we are sharing a small registry trick which can be used to adjust this delay time. You can set the delay time to 2,3 or more seconds according to your requirements.
So here we start the tutorial:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD value DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime
4. Now you'll need to set its value to your desired delay time. Double-click on it and select "Base" as Decimal and enter the desired value. Remember the value should be given in milliseconds, so if you want to set the delay time to 4 seconds, set the value to 4000
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system to take effect.
NOTE: If you want to restore default settings, simply delete "DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime" DWORD value created in Step 3.
PS: If you want a ready-made script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Speed Up Windows XP – Master Tutorial to Make Windows XP Super Fast
- Download Free Public Beta Versions of Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013 and Norton 360 2013
- RocketDock: Another Free and Lightweight Dock Utility for Windows
- How to Customize AM and PM Symbols in System Tray in Windows?
- [AIO] Complete Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- Get Windows 7 Like Large Taskbar Buttons in Windows Vista