In this tutorial, we'll learn how to add "Network Connections" shortcut in My Computer context menu so that you can access it quickly and easily.
Following are the required steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. Now we'll need to create a new key under "Shell" key. Right-click on "Shell" key and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name "Network Connections".
4. Now right-click on the new key which we created in step 3 and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name of command.
5. In right-side pane, change value of "Default" to:
6. That's it. Now you can have "Network Connections" shortcut in My Computer context menu.
NOTE: Windows 7 users can also have an icon for the shortcut. To set the icon, select the key created in Step 3 and in right-side pane, create a new String value "Icon". Set its value to ncpa.cpl
PS. If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the desired REG file: