Did you ever want to hide / remove Windows Taskbar so that you can use a dock utility such as RK Launcher, Rocket Dock, etc and can get more space on Desktop? Although you can set the Taskbar to "Auto-hide" mode but it also hides the Start button.
Today we are going to share 2 free utilities to hide or remove Taskbar in Windows:
- Windows Taskbar Hide
- Taskbar Eliminator
Windows Taskbar Hide
"Windows Taskbar Hide" is a very small and portable tool created by "B0M8" @ DA which allows you to hide or show Taskbar easily and quickly.
It might become very handy if you use a dock utility.
Simply run the tool and click on "Hide" button or press "F9" to hide Taskbar. If you want to show the Taskbar again, click on "Show" or press "F12" key.
You can download it using following link:
"Taskbar Eliminator" is another portable software which can hide the Taskbar but shows the start button so that you can access your programs.
Its very handy if you use a dock. Just run the EXE file and it'll hide the taskbar. If you want to show the taskbar again, press the "Ctrl + Alt + T" keys and it'll show the main window where you can easily unhide the taskbar again. Also you can set the program to start automatically with Windows.
It works on almost all Windows versions including Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 Snap Enabler: Free Utility to Force Enable Snap Feature in Windows 8
- [FIX] Windows Live Messenger (WLM) Sign In Problem, Error Code: 80010100
- [Tip] Pin “Slide to Shutdown” Shortcut to Windows 8.1 Start Screen
- How to Adjust Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Delay Time in Windows 7
- Opera Mail: Download New Desktop Email Client for Windows and Mac
- NTLite: Ultimate Tool to Tweak and Customize Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Installation