Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
We have told you in past about a hidden secret feature present in all Windows versions which allows you to quickly close Windows Explorer using shutdown dialog box.
Now its turn of another similar secret feature!
This time its a hidden option present in Windows Vista and Windows 7. You can follow a similar trick in Windows Vista and 7 to close Explorer cleanly and safely. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Click on Start Menu. Now press "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys and right-click on empty area in Start Menu as shown in following screenshot:
As you can see. You'll see a new option "Exit Explorer" which only appears when you use the Ctrl+Shift key combination.
2. Now click on "Exit Explorer" option and Windows will close the Explorer.
3. To get the Explorer back, press "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" keys and it'll open Task Manager. Now click on "File -> New Task (Run...)" option.
4. Type explorer in the text box and click on OK button:
5. That's it. Windows Explorer will be back.
This method is much safe and has been recommended by Microsoft itself.
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 8 and 8.1 Taskbar
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Hide, Show or Set Permissions for Your Email ID in Your Facebook Account Profile Page?
- New “Angry Birds Go!” Game Available for Download
- [Tip] Disable Modern UAC Prompt and Credential UI in Windows 10
- WinThunder: Get Quick Access to Weather, Favorite Shortcuts, Files, Folders, Apps in Windows 7 System Tray
- How to Open Mozilla Firefox Searchbox Results in New Tab?
- Download Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Mockup Theme NOW