Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
We have told you in past about a hidden secret feature present in all Windows versions which allows you to quickly close Windows Explorer using shutdown dialog box.
Now its turn of another similar secret feature!
This time its a hidden option present in Windows Vista and Windows 7. You can follow a similar trick in Windows Vista and 7 to close Explorer cleanly and safely. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Click on Start Menu. Now press "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys and right-click on empty area in Start Menu as shown in following screenshot:
As you can see. You'll see a new option "Exit Explorer" which only appears when you use the Ctrl+Shift key combination.
2. Now click on "Exit Explorer" option and Windows will close the Explorer.
3. To get the Explorer back, press "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" keys and it'll open Task Manager. Now click on "File -> New Task (Run...)" option.
4. Type explorer in the text box and click on OK button:
5. That's it. Windows Explorer will be back.
This method is much safe and has been recommended by Microsoft itself.
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 8 and 8.1 Taskbar
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Pin Computer, Recycle Bin & Other Useful Shortcuts to Taskbar in Windows 7 and Later
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Hidden Files and Folders in Windows
- Registry Tweak to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Home Basic Editions
- Download Windows 8 Lock Screen Style Metro Clock Screensaver
- What Happened to the Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?
- Download Outpost Internet Security Suite FREE