Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
We have told you in past about a hidden secret feature present in all Windows versions which allows you to quickly close Windows Explorer using shutdown dialog box.
Now its turn of another similar secret feature!
This time its a hidden option present in Windows Vista and Windows 7. You can follow a similar trick in Windows Vista and 7 to close Explorer cleanly and safely. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Click on Start Menu. Now press "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys and right-click on empty area in Start Menu as shown in following screenshot:
As you can see. You'll see a new option "Exit Explorer" which only appears when you use the Ctrl+Shift key combination.
2. Now click on "Exit Explorer" option and Windows will close the Explorer.
3. To get the Explorer back, press "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" keys and it'll open Task Manager. Now click on "File -> New Task (Run...)" option.
4. Type explorer in the text box and click on OK button:
5. That's it. Windows Explorer will be back.
This method is much safe and has been recommended by Microsoft itself.
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 8 and 8.1 Taskbar
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [AIO] How to Get All Good Old Classic Features Back in Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) Preview for Windows 7 Coming in November 2012
- QTAddressBar: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Addressbar with Breadcrumbs in Windows XP Explorer
- How to Disable Automatic Upgrade to Latest Windows Version in Windows 8 and 8.1
- [Solution] How to Fix “Orkut.com, YouTube.com and Mozilla Firefox is Banned in Your System” Error in Windows?
- Simple Patch to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista Home Basic Edition