Hidden Secret Trick to Enable / Activate “Aero Glass” in Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme
We all know that Microsoft has added a new theme "Aero Lite" in Windows 8 testing builds which is considered as a replacement for existing "Windows Basic" theme in Windows Vista and 7.
Aero Lite theme is enabled by default in computer systems which don't support Aero interface. Following is a screenshot of Aero Lite theme running in Windows 8:
As you can see "Aero Lite" theme doesn't provide Aero Glass and looks very basic.
Today we are going to share a secret trick to enable or activate Aero Glass effect in Windows 8 "Aero Lite" theme. This secret trick is actually a bug / goof-up which might get fixed in RTM version of Windows 8. You may also consider it as a hidden easter-egg in Windows 8.
To enable Aero Glass in Aero Lite theme, you need to follow these simple steps:
STEP 1. Right-click on Windows 8 Desktop and select "Personalize" option. It'll open Personalization window.
Make sure default Aero theme is applied. If it is not, apply Aero theme.
Now click on "Window Color" link given at the bottom of the window. Keep the window opened.
STEP 2. Now again right-click on Desktop and select "Personalize" option. It'll open another Personalization window. Now click on "Windows Basic" theme to apply Aero Lite theme.
It'll apply Aero Lite theme and obviously you'll not get Aero glass.
STEP 3. Now the tricky part comes. Go to previously opened Personalization window which we opened in Step 1.
Uncheck "Enable transparency" option and then re-check it. Click on "Save changes" button and get ready to enjoy Aero glass in "Aero Lite" (Windows Basic) theme.
Check out following video to see the whole procedure live in action:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature
- Game Booster Goes Free with New 3.0 Version, One of the Best Gaming Optimizer for Windows
- [Fix] Can’t Create Tasks to Display Messages in Task Scheduler in Windows 8 and Later
- [Fix] Charms Bar Randomly Appears on Windows 8/8.1 Devices
- How to Customize (Rename, Remove or Hide) Command Bar Buttons in Windows 7 Explorer?
- How to Enable Options to Customize Windows Logon, Logoff, Exit and Unlock Sounds in Windows 8?