UPDATE: This trick also works in Windows 8.1.
As you all know we are currently testing and revealing new stuff in Windows 8 recently released by Microsoft.
We have found many secret stuff in Windows 8 which can be found at following link:
If you can remember we have also shared a hidden secret trick in past which allows you to get a hidden option "Exit Explorer" in Windows Vista and 7 Start Menu. Check out following article for more information:
Now Microsoft has removed start menu from Windows 8 so you can't use the trick given in above mentioned article but no need to worry. Microsoft has added the same option in Windows 8 Taskbar.
To enjoy this new cool option, simply follow these simple steps:
1. Press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys together and right-click on Windows 8 Taskbar.
2. You'll get a new option "Exit Explorer" in Taskbar context menu as shown in following screenshot:
3. You can select this new option to immediately end task of Windows Explorer. Please keep in mind, you'll have no access to Taskbar, Start Screen, once you select this option.
4. To get everything back, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to launch Task Manager. If it opens in mini mode, click on More details button and then click on "File -> Run new task" option. Type explorer in the text box and click on OK button and you'll get everything back and running.
This hidden option might come in use when you want to just end task of Explorer to apply registry changes or software settings. FYI Windows 8 also allows you to restart Explorer using Task Manager.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Play Popular Game “Angry Birds” on Any Website Using Your Web Browser
- How to Access and Use Windows 8 Metro Boot Loader and Advanced Boot Options?
- How to Show Large Icons in Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows Taskbar?
- How to Remove “Branding Logo” and “Ease of Access” (Accessibility) Button from Windows Vista and 7 Login Screens?
- [Fix] Start Menu Recent Items List and RUN MRU List is Always Empty When User Logs On
- Ultimate Collection of Best “about:config” Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox