UPDATE: This trick also works in Windows 8.1.
As you all know we are currently testing and revealing new stuff in Windows 8 recently released by Microsoft.
We have found many secret stuff in Windows 8 which can be found at following link:
If you can remember we have also shared a hidden secret trick in past which allows you to get a hidden option "Exit Explorer" in Windows Vista and 7 Start Menu. Check out following article for more information:
Now Microsoft has removed start menu from Windows 8 so you can't use the trick given in above mentioned article but no need to worry. Microsoft has added the same option in Windows 8 Taskbar.
To enjoy this new cool option, simply follow these simple steps:
1. Press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys together and right-click on Windows 8 Taskbar.
2. You'll get a new option "Exit Explorer" in Taskbar context menu as shown in following screenshot:
3. You can select this new option to immediately end task of Windows Explorer. Please keep in mind, you'll have no access to Taskbar, Start Screen, once you select this option.
4. To get everything back, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to launch Task Manager. If it opens in mini mode, click on More details button and then click on "File -> Run new task" option. Type explorer in the text box and click on OK button and you'll get everything back and running.
This hidden option might come in use when you want to just end task of Explorer to apply registry changes or software settings. FYI Windows 8 also allows you to restart Explorer using Task Manager.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7′s Advanced “Windows Update” in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008
- Microsoft Shares Tips and Hotkeys to Make Windows 7 Faster, Secure and Easier to Use
- [Review] The New “Australis” UI of Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
- Ultimate Collection of Best Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows and Linux
- [Version 2] Customizing RUN Dialog Box in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- How to Disable Protected View in Microsoft Office While Opening Email Attachments or Downloaded Files?