Hidden Secret “Exit Explorer” Option in Windows 8 and 8.1 Taskbar
As you all know we are currently testing and revealing new stuff present in Windows 8 recently released by Microsoft.
We have found many secret stuff in Windows 8 which can be found at following link:
If you can remember we have also shared a hidden secret trick in past which allows you to get a hidden option "Exit Explorer" in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Start Menu. Check out following articles for more information:
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows
Now Microsoft has removed start menu from Windows 8 so you can't use the trick given in above mentioned article but no need to worry. Microsoft has added the same option in Windows 8 Taskbar.
To enjoy this new cool option, simply follow these simple steps:
1. Press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys together and right-click on Windows 8 Taskbar.
2. You'll get a new option "Exit Explorer" in Taskbar context menu as shown in following screenshot:
3. You can select this new option to immediately end task of Windows Explorer. Please keep in mind, you'll have no access to Taskbar, Start Screen, once you select this option.
4. To get everything back, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to launch Task Manager. If it opens in mini mode, click on More details button and then click on "File -> Run new task" option. Type explorer in the text box and click on OK button and you'll get everything back and running.
This hidden option might come in use when you want to just end task of Explorer to apply registry changes or software settings.
- Hidden Secret "Exit Explorer" Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar
- Windows 8 and Later Allow You to Restart Explorer Using Task Manager
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Remove Shadow Effect from Window Borders in Windows 10
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Border Skin, ViStart Skin and Common Tasks for Windows XP
- What is the Use of USB Port in Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon and Other DTH Set Top Box?
- Ultimate Tutorial to Tweak and Customize “Command Bar” in Windows 7 Explorer
- How to Upgrade from Existing Hotmail Account to New Outlook.com Email Account?
- How to Disable Aero Peek Feature in Windows 7 and Later?