Hidden Secret Easter Eggs and Daydreams in Google Android Devices
Recently we shared a secret trick to enable and activate hidden "Developer Options" menu in Google Android mobile phones and tablets:
In the same topic one AskVG reader "Errol" shared some interesting information about an Easter egg present in almost all Google Android devices.
This Easter egg is quite similar to Developer Options trick and can be enjoyed in all Android versions.
You just need to follow these simple steps to reveal this hidden Easter egg in your Android device:
STEP 1. First of all open Settings page of your Android mobile phone or tablet.
STEP 2. Now you need to open "About Device" (or About Phone / About Tablet) section. In old Android versions, this section can be found at the bottom of Settings page. In newer Android versions such as Android 4.4 KitKat, the "About Device" section has been moved to a new tab "More" in Settings page.
STEP 3. Once you open "About Device" section, look for "Android version" option. In newer smartphones, the "Android Version" option might present under "Software Info" section.
STEP 4. To enjoy the hidden Easter egg, you need to quickly tap on the "Android version" field 4-5 times. Tap as fast as you can and it'll launch the secret Easter egg.
The Easter egg will be different for different Android versions such as:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread - A zombie painting
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb - A honeybee with a word "REZZZZZZZ..." inspired by Tron: Legacy movie
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Nyandroid character inspired by Nyan Cat
- Android 4.1 - 4.3 Jelly Bean - Red Jelly Bean game
- Android 4.4 KitKat - A spinning K, then Android logo, then Windows Phone style page with small tiles
- Android 5.0 Lollipop - Flappy Bird game
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow - Same Flappy Bird game with new graphics
STEP 5. Once the Easter egg appears, long press on the screen and it'll convert into a game or other stuff.
Long pressing will do another task. It'll activate and enable a new hidden "Daydream" in newer Android versions. Daydream is kind of a Screensaver which is shown when the device is docked or charging. You can enable or change Daydream using Settings -> Display -> Daydream or Screensaver option.
With the help of above mentioned Easter eggs, new Daydreams "BeanFlinger" and "Dessert Case" can be enabled in Android 4.2/4.3 Jelly Bean and Android 4.4 KitKat devices respectively.
NOTE: These Easter eggs will work in all mobile phone brands having Android OS such as Samsung Galaxy, Sony, HTC, Google Nexus, LG, Motorola, Micromax, etc.
NOTE: The interface of Settings page in your Android mobile phone or tablet might differ from the interface shown in above screenshots as above screenshots were taken using Google Android 4.2 ISO image running in virtual environment in Windows.
PS: Check out following video to see the whole process live in action:
- Hidden Secret Codes for Google Android Mobile Phones
- Hidden Secret Codes for Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phones
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret Features in Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
- Revealing 3 Hidden Secret Modes in Google Android Mobile Phones
- Ultimate Collection of Hidden Secret Easter Eggs in Google Search
- Ultimate Collection of YouTube's Hidden Secret Easter Eggs
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Disable Modern UAC Prompt and Credential UI in Windows 10
- [Exclusive] Windows 8.1 Features List
- Download Royale Blue, Luna and Zune Remix Themes for Windows 7
- How to Update Windows Defender Offline? Install Latest Virus Definition Files Manually
- Windows 7 System Requirements
- [Fix] How to Remove “Windows has Blocked Some Startup Programs” Notification Message in Windows Vista?