Hidden Secret Dialog Box Found in IE9 to Upgrade to IE10
There are 2 things about Internet Explorer which you might remember! First, Microsoft has released final version of Internet Explorer 9 and second, there are rumors that Windows 8 will come with IE10 pre-installed.
Now you might be thinking, why are we putting these things together? Because our reader "Baku" has found out an interesting thing in a system file of IE9 using our favorite tool "Resource Hacker".
"Baku" was investigating various IE 9.0 files using Resource Hacker and when he opened "ieframe.dll.mui" in Resource Hacker, he found a secret dialog box which shows a message that IE 10 is available for upgrade:
It means Microsoft has already started working on IE10 and that's why they have put this dialog box resource in IE9 which will be shown once IE10 is released. It also makes the rumor strong that Windows 8 will come with IE10 pre-installed.
If you want to check it yourself, do as following:
1. Launch Resource Hacker and open "%windir%\System32\en-US\ieframe.dll.mui" file.
NOTE: Here %windir% means "Windows" directory. To know more about it, visit this link. Also if you are using any other language version of Windows, replace en-US with your language code.
2. Go to Dialog -> 54528 and you'll see the above mentioned dialog box.
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Install and Apply Custom 3rd Party Login Screens in Windows without Replacing Default LogonUI.exe File?
- [Tip] Enable Improved and Stylish Bookmark Pop-up in Opera
- Download Windows Vista and Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Add “Windows Apps” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Download Mozilla Firefox “Australis” Mockup Theme
- How to Link Your Windows 7 User Account with Windows Live ID