Hash Reporter: Free Portable Utility to Calculate and Verify Hash Codes
Almost all of us download software and other files from Internet. It might be a free and small software or a large ISO file of a free public beta release of Windows OS. Many times when we download a file from a website, the website also provides hash code (CRC, SHA-1, MD5 or SHA-256) to verify the downloaded file.
"Hash Code" is a unique identifier which helps you in validating the integrity of a file. Many times when you download a large file, you can use its hash code to verify whether the file was downloaded correctly or it got corrupted during the transfer process.
Hash code might come very handy when you download a file using a 3rd party uploading website or a mirror website. You can check the downloaded file with the help of its hash code and can determine whether the file is genuine or was modified to put malicious code.
Now the question comes how to verify hash code of a file? Here is the answer!
"Hash Reporter" is a small, free and portable tool created by AskVG reader "Masroor Aijaz aka jX Gr3At" which helps you in calculating and verifying hash code of a file. It doesn't need installation so you can also carry it on your USB drive. You just need to run the EXE file and you are ready to calculate hash codes.
Hash Reporter helps you in calculating following hash codes:
It also allows you to export the hash code information to a text file.
You can download it using following link:
Feel free to share your feedback in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “System Shortcuts” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- How to Remove Website URL from Internet Explorer Addressbar History?
- How to Install and Apply Custom 3rd Party Login Screens in Windows without Replacing Default LogonUI.exe File?
- Download Free Office Mobile Apps for Windows 10
- Fix Problems While Installing or Upgrading to Windows 8.1
- XP SysPad: A Must Have System Tool for Power Users