"Show Desktop" is a shortcut which is present in Quick Launch toolbar in Windows taskbar. Once you click on its icon, it minimizes all running programs to taskbar so that you can view the Desktop.
Since Microsoft integrated the Quick Launch toolbar in taskbar in Windows 7, you'll no longer see the old "Show Desktop" icon. But that doesn't mean it has been removed in Windows 7.
Actually the location and look of "Show Desktop" has changed in Windows 7. Now its located at the end of taskbar in form of a small rectangle.
It does 2 jobs now:
1. When you move your mouse cursor over it, it hides all running programs windows and shows only windows outlines so that you can peek behind all open windows . Its called "Aero Peek" feature.
2. When you click on it, it does the same job as the old shortcut used to do. It minimizes all open windows and restores them if you click again.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Start Menu XP: Get XP Style “All Programs” Drop-Out List in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Add Recycle Bin, Run, Search and Many Other Useful Shortcuts in My Computer?
- Enable Windows XP Style Cascading “All Programs” List in Windows Vista and 7 Start Menu
- Download Free Password Recovery Tools for Windows, Dialup Connection, Messengers, Emails, Browsers
- Registry Tweak and Freeware to Enable Secret Animation in Windows 8 Start Screen
- Watch Full Bollywood Blockbuster Movies Online For Free on YouTube and Yahoo! MoviePlex