"Show Desktop" is a shortcut which is present in Quick Launch toolbar in Windows taskbar. Once you click on its icon, it minimizes all running programs to taskbar so that you can view the Desktop.
Since Microsoft integrated the Quick Launch toolbar in taskbar in Windows 7, you'll no longer see the old "Show Desktop" icon. But that doesn't mean it has been removed in Windows 7.
Actually the location and look of "Show Desktop" has changed in Windows 7. Now its located at the end of taskbar in form of a small rectangle.
It does 2 jobs now:
1. When you move your mouse cursor over it, it hides all running programs windows and shows only windows outlines so that you can peek behind all open windows . Its called "Aero Peek" feature.
2. When you click on it, it does the same job as the old shortcut used to do. It minimizes all open windows and restores them if you click again.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Network” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- [Tip] Customize Start Page Background Theme and Number of Columns in Opera
- ViGlance: Get Windows 7 Look-Like Taskbar in Windows XP and Vista
- Make Your Linux Desktop Look-Like Windows 7 Using Transformation Packs
- How to Enable or Disable Verbose Status Messages in Windows Login Screen?
- Microsoft Shows First Preview Video of Windows 8.1