Has Microsoft Removed Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows 7 and Later?
"Show Desktop" is a shortcut which is present in Quick Launch toolbar in Windows taskbar. Once you click on its icon, it minimizes all running programs to taskbar so that you can view the Desktop.
Since Microsoft integrated the Quick Launch toolbar in taskbar in Windows 7, you'll no longer see the old "Show Desktop" icon. But that doesn't mean it has been removed in Windows 7.
Actually the location and look of "Show Desktop" has changed in Windows 7. Now its located at the end of taskbar in form of a small rectangle.
It does 2 jobs now:
1. When you move your mouse cursor over it, it hides all running programs windows and shows only windows outlines so that you can peek behind all open windows . Its called "Aero Peek" feature.
2. When you click on it, it does the same job as the old shortcut used to do. It minimizes all open windows and restores them if you click again.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Official Video Shows Improved File Management UI (Copy, Move, Rename, Delete) in Windows 8
- Download Windows 8 Free Consumer Preview (Public Beta)
- How to Disable “Homegroup” Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
- How to Force Enable Snap Feature and Run Metro Apps on Low Screen Resolutions in Windows 8?
- Download Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and Longhorn Themes for Windows 10
- How to Separate “Devices and Drives” Section in Windows 8.1 Explorer “This PC”?