"Show Desktop" is a shortcut which is present in Quick Launch toolbar in Windows taskbar. Once you click on its icon, it minimizes all running programs to taskbar so that you can view the Desktop.
Since Microsoft integrated the Quick Launch toolbar in taskbar in Windows 7, you'll no longer see the old "Show Desktop" icon. But that doesn't mean it has been removed in Windows 7.
Actually the location and look of "Show Desktop" has changed in Windows 7. Now its located at the end of taskbar in form of a small rectangle.
It does 2 jobs now:
1. When you move your mouse cursor over it, it hides all running programs windows and shows only windows outlines so that you can peek behind all open windows . Its called "Aero Peek" feature.
2. When you click on it, it does the same job as the old shortcut used to do. It minimizes all open windows and restores them if you click again.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8.1 Free Preview
- How to Restore Private Browsing Confirmation Prompt in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Solution] Favorite Links is Empty in Windows Vista Explorer Navigation Pane
- [Direct Download Links] Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) Build
- Customize Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Library Background Image in Windows 7
- How to Integrate Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, MCE or Server 2003 Setup ISO?