Has Microsoft Removed Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows 7 and Later?
"Show Desktop" is a shortcut which is present in Quick Launch toolbar in Windows taskbar. Once you click on its icon, it minimizes all running programs to taskbar so that you can view the Desktop.
Since Microsoft integrated the Quick Launch toolbar in taskbar in Windows 7, you'll no longer see the old "Show Desktop" icon. But that doesn't mean it has been removed in Windows 7.
Actually the location and look of "Show Desktop" has changed in Windows 7. Now its located at the end of taskbar in form of a small rectangle.
It does 2 jobs now:
1. When you move your mouse cursor over it, it hides all running programs windows and shows only windows outlines so that you can peek behind all open windows . Its called "Aero Peek" feature.
2. When you click on it, it does the same job as the old shortcut used to do. It minimizes all open windows and restores them if you click again.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [FIX] Windows 7 Deletes All System Restore Points Upon Reboot
- [Did You Know] Hidden Secret Way to Organize Favorites in Internet Explorer
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Free Customer Preview
- Windows 8 Gets New Metro Style Logo, Goodbye Windows Flag
- Create Simple Script to Close and Restart Explorer Automatically in Windows
- WinBubble: Freeware to Customize and Tweak Windows Vista and Windows 7