Customize “Single Click Select All” Feature in Mozilla Firefox Addressbar
If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, you might have noticed that whenever you click in the addressbar, the whole text is selected by default. Its a good feature and very handy when you want to clear the addressbar to enter a new URL but sometimes you might want to disable it. Why? because if you want to edit a URL in the addressbar, you'll need to double-click to edit it.
So it depends upon what are your requirements. This tutorial will help you in disabling this feature and after following this tutorial, you can edit the URL by simply clicking in the addressbar, it'll not select the whole text any more.
So here are the steps:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type SelectsAll in the Filter box. It'll show 2 entries:
"clickSelectsAll" would be set to true and "doubleClickSelectsAll" would be set to false.
3. Now to disable the auto-select feature, either double-click on "clickSelectsAll" or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
You can set Firefox to select the whole text in the addressbar by double-clicking in it. To do so, either double-click on "doubleClickSelectsAll" or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to true.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer select the whole text when you click in the addressbar but if you double-click, it'll select the whole text for you.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- nLite: Freeware to Integrate Service Packs, Drivers and Create Unattended Bootable ISO of Windows XP
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove “3D Print with 3D Builder” Option from Image Context Menu
- Finally a Way to Enable Transparency in Windows 8 Without any Bug or Glitch
- Download Official PRODUCT (RED) Suite, Control Panel and CPU Meter Gadgets for Windows Vista and 7 Sidebar
- Join Us on Social Media
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Software for Windows