[Guide] Download Windows 7 Setup ISO for Clean Installation
Many times we want to perform a clean installation of Windows in our computers to fix various PC problems and performance issues. Installing a fresh Windows OS in computers always make them faster and more responsive.
But to install fresh Windows, we need Windows setup disc. Usually computers come with Windows setup or recovery/repair discs which can help users in installing or repairing Windows.
But sometimes users don't get the setup media with their computers or they don't have access to the setup media. In such situations, they can't install Windows in their computers.
In past, Microsoft used to provide free Windows 7 and Windows Vista setup media (ISO files) to users which have been mentioned in following articles:
- [Direct Download Links] Genuine Windows 7 with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit)
- [Direct Download Links] Genuine Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
But it seems Microsoft has removed the files from server and the company is no longer providing Windows Vista and Windows 7 setup ISO files for download to public.
Recently Microsoft released an official tool to download Windows 8.1 setup ISO and create installation media:
Following the same tradition Microsoft has created a webpage to allow Windows 7 users to download Windows 7 setup ISO files for free.
"Microsoft Software Recovery" page allows people to download Windows 7 setup ISO file so that they can create installation media such as DVD or bootable USB drive to install Windows 7 in their computers.
You just need a working and fast Internet connection to download Windows 7 setup ISO file which is around 2.0-3.5 GB in size.
To be able to download the ISO file, you'll need to verify your Windows 7 product key. Once the key is verified, you'll be able to download Windows 7 setup ISO file.
You can also use the same webpage to send an email to your email ID containing Windows 7 setup ISO download link which can be used to download the ISO file later. The download link will work for 24 hours only.
Interested people can visit the official Microsoft page to download Windows 7 setup ISO files:
NOTE: The above method can be used to download Windows 7 setup ISO file for Retail product keys and upgrade copies only. It doesn't seem to work for OEM license keys i.e. pre-installed Windows OS.
After downloading the setup ISO file, you can burn the ISO file to a DVD using any burning software and then install Windows 7 using it.
Or you can create bootable USB drive to install Windows 7 in your computer without optical drive:
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive of Windows Setup without Using Any Software?
- Ultimate Collection of Best Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Turn Caret Browsing On or Off in Mozilla Firefox?
- PC Emulator: Test and Learn Linux Commands in Web Browser
- [Tip] Tweak and Customize Windows 8 Task Manager Functionality
- Get Windows 7 System Properties Dialog Box in Windows XP
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Microsoft Internet Explorer to Fix Font and Crashing Problems?
- Mosaic: Get Windows 8 Style Live Tiles with Metro UI on Windows XP, Vista and 7 Desktop