Google Adds New “Preview Pane” Feature to Gmail Similar to Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail
Good news for Gmail users, specially those who use widescreen display. Google has added new "Preview Pane" to Gmail. People who have used Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live Mail must be already aware of this new feature.
Preview Pane allows you to preview an email without leaving the Inbox page so you can now reply, forward, delete emails quickly using this new feature.
Preview Pane can be shown vertically or horizontally just like Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail.
To enable this new Preview Pane, you'll need to follow these simple steps:
1. Log into your Gmail account and go to Mail Settings. Now click on Labs link.
You can directly open Labs using following link:
2. Now look for "Preview Pane" item. Once you find it, click on Enable radio button. Now scroll down to bottom and click on Save Changes button.
3. Now go to your Inbox and you'll see a new toolbar item at the end of mail toolbar which will allow you to enable or disable the new Preview Pane.
Click on it and it'll enable Preview Pane. Again clicking on it will disable the Preview Pane. You can also click on the drop-down arrow to change Preview Pane position: Horizontal or Vertical.
Following are screenshots of both positions of Preview Pane:
Vertical Preview Pane:
Horizontal Preview Pane:
Really a great add-on to Gmail. What do you think about this new feature?
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 Branding Changer: Small Utility to Customize Branding Logo in Windows 7 Login Screen
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 System Requirements
- Windows 10 Now Available for Download and Free Upgrade
- Aero Color Show: Yet Another Free Tool to Get Windows 8 Aero Auto-Colorization Feature in Windows 7
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office?
- How to Re-Enable Missing Details Pane in Windows Vista and Later Explorer?