Get Windows Vista Look-Like MSPaint in Windows XP
Here is some interesting stuff for customization lovers. If you are still using Windows XP and regularly use MSPaint for image editing, saving screenshots, etc, then you'll definitely love this mod.
As you know there is not much difference between Windows XP MSPaint and Vista MSPaint applications. Windows Vista MSPaint contains new re-designed icons, cursors and also shows the color toolbar at top instead of bottom.
In this article, we are going to share a modified MSPaint.EXE file which provides Windows Vista MSPaint look-n-feel in Windows XP as shown in following screenshot:
As you can see, its looking almost same as Windows Vista MSPaint with all new icons, cursors, etc.
What you need to do? Simply download the ZIP file using following link, extract it and run the MSPaint.exe file:
PS: You'll find the download link in the right-side section of the above mentioned page.
You can also create a shortcut of it at Desktop or in Programs menu for future use.
If you want, you can replace default MSPaint.exe file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this modified one.
There is also a "Color Toolbar at Top.reg" registry script included in the pack which puts the color toolbar at top just like Vista. If you don't like it, you can restore it at bottom using "Restore Toolbar.reg" file.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Live Movie Maker Final Version
- [Tip] Stop WhatsApp Sharing Your Account Information With Facebook
- How to Instant Apply Preferences in Mozilla Firefox Without Closing Options Window?
- Download Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Mockup Theme NOW
- AppRemover: Uninstall Unwanted Antivirus Software, P2P Clients and Browser Toolbars
- How to Remove or Uninstall 3rd Party Transformation Packs (or Skin Packs) in Windows?