EIGHT: Get Windows 8 Start Screen Look-Like Metro Style Homepage in Web Browsers
Windows 8 features new "Start Screen" which looks similar to Windows Phone 7 home screen. It basically shows live tiles of the installed programs in Windows 8.
If you love the style of Start Screen, here is an awesome thing for you!
"EIGHT" is an HTML file created by "flatmo1" @ DA which can be set as Homepage in your favorite web browser. It has been created using CSS and jQuery. It basically shows pre-defined website tiles which open the associated URLs.
Its highly customizable. You can edit "source.js" file and replace existing URLs with your desired URLs. You can change tiles by modifying or replacing PNG images present in "thumbs" folder. To change background images of tiles, simply edit or replace PNG images in "lib" folder.
Download the ZIP file using following link:
Extract it and set the "index.htm" file as your browser's homepage. To set the index.htm file as homepage, double-click on the file, it'll open it in your web browser, then select "Use current page as homepage" or similar option in browser's Settings window.
Thanks to our reader "NZero" for the update...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- SmartUp Menu: Freeware to Get Windows Vista Style Start Menu in Windows XP
- How to Remove Shut Down Button from Windows Vista and 7 Login Screens?
- TClock: Show Windows 7 Look-like Date & Time in System Tray in Windows XP and Vista
- Windows Explorer Always Opens in Libraries View in Windows 7, How to Change Target Folder?
- Truth Behind Hidden Secret “God Mode” (aka Master Control Panel) Found in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Reset Airtel Digital TV (ADTV), Tata Sky DTH and Videocon D2H Universal Remote to Factory Settings?