Windows 8 features new "Start Screen" which looks similar to Windows Phone 7 home screen. It basically shows live tiles of the installed programs in Windows 8.
If you love the style of Start Screen, here is an awesome thing for you!
"EIGHT" is an HTML file created by "flatmo1" @ DA which can be set as Homepage in your favorite web browser. It has been created using CSS and jQuery. It basically shows pre-defined website tiles which open the associated URLs.
Its highly customizable. You can edit "source.js" file and replace existing URLs with your desired URLs. You can change tiles by modifying or replacing PNG images present in "thumbs" folder. To change background images of tiles, simply edit or replace PNG images in "lib" folder.
Download the ZIP file using following link:
Extract it and set the "index.htm" file as your browser's homepage. To set the index.htm file as homepage, double-click on the file, it'll open it in your web browser, then select "Use current page as homepage" or similar option in browser's Settings window.
Thanks to our reader "NZero" for the update...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Check Which Version of Microsoft .NET Framework is Installed in Windows?
- Yahoo! Messenger for Web: Online Version of Yahoo! Messenger, No Download or Installation Required
- [FIX] Cannot Install New Fonts in Windows, “Install New Fonts” Command Missing from File Menu
- Windows Show Desktop Link: Get the Good Old “Show Desktop” Icon Back in Windows 7
- Create New Yahoo! E-Mail ID at YMail.com and RocketMail.com Domains for Free
- Download Classic Shell Skin to Get Windows 7 Look-Like Start Menu and Start Button in Windows 8