Windows 8 features new "Start Screen" which looks similar to Windows Phone 7 home screen. It basically shows live tiles of the installed programs in Windows 8.
If you love the style of Start Screen, here is an awesome thing for you!
"EIGHT" is an HTML file created by "flatmo1" @ DA which can be set as Homepage in your favorite web browser. It has been created using CSS and jQuery. It basically shows pre-defined website tiles which open the associated URLs.
Its highly customizable. You can edit "source.js" file and replace existing URLs with your desired URLs. You can change tiles by modifying or replacing PNG images present in "thumbs" folder. To change background images of tiles, simply edit or replace PNG images in "lib" folder.
Download the ZIP file using following link:
Extract it and set the "index.htm" file as your browser's homepage. To set the index.htm file as homepage, double-click on the file, it'll open it in your web browser, then select "Use current page as homepage" or similar option in browser's Settings window.
Thanks to our reader "NZero" for the update...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Mozilla Releases Add-on Recovery Tool for Firefox 7.0 to Recover Hidden Add-ons
- Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CWSM
- How to Enable New “Side Tabs” Feature in Google Chrome? Show Tabs in Left Sidebar
- [Tip] 5 Awesome Hidden Secret Features of Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phones
- Pulmon: Yet Another Free Utility to Get Windows 8 Style Live Tiles with Metro UI on Windows Desktop
- [Fix] Bold and Italic Font Problem in Windows