Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using Newgen
We all know about new "Start Screen" introduced in Windows 8. It has replaced the Start menu in Windows 8. Start Screen shows live tiles of installed programs in Windows 8:
If you are a Windows XP, Vista or 7 users and want to enjoy a similar Start screen, here is something interesting for you.
"Newgen" is one of the best Start screen clone for Windows XP, Vista and 7 created by "Raymon Flores" @ DA (with his team "Neeraj" and "Max"). It is a set of live widgets / tiles that shows some content from the web and some from your PC. Newgen supports WPF, HTML5, and HTML widgets.
It comes with Windows 8 look-like Start screen with tiles, side panel with buttons like Start, Share, etc. It also provides a clean Settings page inspired from Metro UI.
To add more tiles, click in right-side of screen to show side panel. Now right-click on side panel and select "Pin application" to add a tile for your desired program or select "Pin website" to add a tile for your favorite website.
- Support for HTML widgets
- Launch your favorite apps and webs in one click
- Customize as you want
- Switch to your opened apps, in just few clicks
- Get Windows 8 Metro UI to your desk
- Play your videos and music, view your pictures without opening them
- Get your tweets, mails and weather reports in front of your eye, just sitting
- Provides easy-to-use API for Widget developers
You can download it using following link:
You'll need Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to be able to use it.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable or Change a Key Action in Your Keyboard Using Sharp Keys?
- TBarIconBlanker: Remove Program Icons from Windows Titlebar and Taskbar Buttons
- [Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users
- MSI Explorer: Free Tool to Analyze and Edit Windows MSI Files
- [Tip] How to Restart Mozilla Firefox With All Opened Tabs
- How to Restore “You’ve opened a new tab” Page in Internet Explorer 7?