Get Windows 8 Look-Like User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Notification Area of Windows 7
If you are regularly reading our blog posts about Windows 8, you might have noticed that Windows 8 testing build comes with a small user picture tile (aka avatar) in notification area of Taskbar:
Since you can't get your hands on Windows 8 builds atm, we are sharing an awesome utility "Taskbar UserTile" created by "Stealth2010" and shared by "AngelWZR" @ DA which brings the same user picture tile to Windows 7 Taskbar notification area.
Simply download the file, extract it and run the EXE file. It'll immediately add the user picture tile to notification area.
It also shows various useful options when you left-click on the pic.
PS: User picture is set to one from Resources folder by default. To set video from Resources, just edit path in config.ini file. To use system picture, just delete config.ini file.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download “Vista Seven” Theme for Windows Vista
- [Fix] Wmploc.dll Version Number Error While Opening Windows Media Player
- How to Get “Hide Window When Minimized” Option Back in Windows Live Mail in Windows 7
- AeroWeather: Change Windows Vista and 7’s Aero Color According to Weather Conditions
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- [Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8