NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users will need to run the Styler setup using Compatibility mode.
We know that Windows 8 comes with Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
We also shared a free tool "STDU Explorer" which is an alternative for Windows Explorer and provides Ribbon UI:
But if you don't want an alternative to Windows Explorer and want to add Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI to Windows Explorer, here is an excellent way for you:
AskVG's DA group member "PeterRollar" has created an excellent Styler skin which looks almost same as Windows 8 Explorer's Ribbon UI.
You can use it in Windows XP, Vista and 7.
HOW TO USE:
1. First download and install Styler software which is absolutely free:
2. Now download the required Styler skin:
3. Extract the ZIP file and follow the instructions given in following topic to apply the Styler skin:
That's it. After following the above mentioned steps, you'll enjoy Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Explorer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Hot Corners (Charms Bar and App Switch List) in Windows 8.1?
- How to Disable Aero Shake Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
- Why 64-bit Windows Users Face Login or Other Problems After Modifying System Files Using Resource Hacker?
- Enable “Pin to Start Menu” Option for Folders in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Fix] Unknown Characters or Vertical Rectangles are Showing in place of Metro Icons in Windows 8 and 8.1 Start Screen and Login Screen
- Minimize Windows as Thumbnails on Desktop Instead of Taskbar using miniMIZE