NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users will need to run the Styler setup using Compatibility mode.
We know that Windows 8 comes with Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
We also shared a free tool "STDU Explorer" which is an alternative for Windows Explorer and provides Ribbon UI:
But if you don't want an alternative to Windows Explorer and want to add Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI to Windows Explorer, here is an excellent way for you:
AskVG's DA group member "PeterRollar" has created an excellent Styler skin which looks almost same as Windows 8 Explorer's Ribbon UI.
You can use it in Windows XP, Vista and 7.
HOW TO USE:
1. First download and install Styler software which is absolutely free:
2. Now download the required Styler skin:
3. Extract the ZIP file and follow the instructions given in following topic to apply the Styler skin:
That's it. After following the above mentioned steps, you'll enjoy Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Explorer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Secret “Middle Click to Paste Clipboard Content” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- vNext: Download Windows 8 Metro UI Inspired Rainmeter Skin Suite
- How to Get the Good Old Wordpad (without Ribbons) Working in Windows 7?
- Get Windows 8 Lock Screen Style Date and Time Display on Windows 7 Login Screen
- Google Toolbar Discontinued for Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and Newer Versions
- How to Rename “Favorites”, “Libraries”, “Homegroup”, “Computer” and “Network” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?