NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users will need to run the Styler setup using Compatibility mode.
We know that Windows 8 comes with Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
We also shared a free tool "STDU Explorer" which is an alternative for Windows Explorer and provides Ribbon UI:
But if you don't want an alternative to Windows Explorer and want to add Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI to Windows Explorer, here is an excellent way for you:
AskVG's DA group member "PeterRollar" has created an excellent Styler skin which looks almost same as Windows 8 Explorer's Ribbon UI.
You can use it in Windows XP, Vista and 7.
HOW TO USE:
1. First download and install Styler software which is absolutely free:
2. Now download the required Styler skin:
3. Extract the ZIP file and follow the instructions given in following topic to apply the Styler skin:
That's it. After following the above mentioned steps, you'll enjoy Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Explorer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Use Windows 8 Developer Preview for One More Year?
- Microsoft Announced Windows 7 Pricing and Upgrade Program Details
- PaintRibbon: Get Windows 7 Look-Like Paint in Windows XP and Vista
- nLite: Freeware to Create Unattended Setup ISO of Windows XP and Slipstream Service Packs
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 8? Check Yourself Using Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant
- Resource Tuner: Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker