Get Windows 8 Charms Bar in Windows XP, Vista and 7
We all know that Windows 8 comes with new Charms Bar which can be accessed by moving the mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corners of screen. It contains shortcuts to various useful system components such as Device Manager, Start Screen, PC Settings, etc.
Although many Windows 8 users don't like it and there are ways to disable it in Windows 8 but there are many people who are using previous Windows versions such as Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 and want to have something similar to Charms Bar.
We have posted about a RocketDock skin in past which provides Windows 8 Charms Bar functionality in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. You can check it out at following link:
Today in this article, we are going to share a new freeware called "Charms" which is by far the best Windows 8 Charms Bar clone for Windows XP, Vista and 7. It has been developed by our reader "Vali". Thanks to Vali for sharing it with us.
It works similar to Windows 8 Charms Bar. You can access it by moving the cursor to top-right or bottom-right corners. All shortcuts present in Charms are fully functional and provide almost similar and sometimes better functionality than Windows 8 Charms Bar.
It also allows you to access power options, volume control, Control Panel, etc shortcuts similar to original Charms Bar of Windows 8.
To close the application, you can either End task of it using Task Manager or open Settings charm, press and hold <Shift> key and click on Power option. It'll close immediately.
Interested people can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Get Help” Button from Command Bar in Windows 7 Explorer?
- Get Maximum Aero Glass Transparency in Mozilla Firefox in Windows Vista and 7
- Microsoft Launches Official “Building Windows 8” Blog, Pre-Release Build to Arrive in Coming Months
- Microsoft Shows Improved File Name Collisions (Conflicts) Dialog Box in Windows 8
- FluentNotepad: Simple Notepad for Windows with Office 2010 Ribbon UI
- How to Enable Direct2D & DirectWrite Hardware Acceleration in Mozilla Firefox?