Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 Release Preview (RC Build) Released, Download Now
- How to Fix “Copy Items” & “Move Items” Dialog Box Cut-Off Problem in Windows?
- Set Explorer View as Default for My Computer and Other Folder Windows in Windows XP
- How to Restrict / Hide / Remove Drives in Windows Explorer?
- Download “Vista Seven” Theme for Windows Vista
- Get Good Old Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CSMenu