Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Ultimate List of Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Command Prompt in Windows
- Revealing 3 Hidden Secret Modes in Google Android Mobile Phones
- How to Change or Customize Start Screen Background, Start Menu and Start Button in Windows 8?
- Enhance Windows Taskbar Auto-Hide Functionality Using Taskbar Activate
- So.cl (Tulalip): Microsoft Accidentally Reveals New Secret Social Network Project
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Outlook Email Client