Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- BitLocker Repair Tool: Recover Encrypted Data from Physically Damaged or Corrupted Hard Disk
- Free Opener: Free Utility to Open 70+ Popular File Formats
- [Did You Know] Windows 8 Allows You to Remove “Favorites” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane
- Get Approx. 1 GB Free Space by Removing Unnecessary Files After Installing SP1 in Windows Vista
- How to Restore Caret Browsing Confirmation Prompt in Mozilla Firefox?
- 7-Zip Theme Manager: Free Portable Tool to Customize 7-Zip Toolbar Theme and Filetype Icons