Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Wishlist] Features You Want to See in Next Windows Version
- How to Restore Accidentally Uninstalled Built-in Apps in Windows 8?
- How to Download Full Standalone Offline Installer of Yahoo! Messenger?
- Show/Hide Hidden Files & Folders on the fly in Windows
- How to Disable “Install Windows Updates and Shut Down” Option in Windows Start Menu?
- How to Get the Good Old Classic Chat Interface Back in Facebook?