Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Notepad Statusbar Bug Found in All Windows Versions
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Developer Options” Menu in Google Android Mobile Phones and Tablets
- List of Hidden Secret Service Codes for Chinese Mobile Phones
- [FIX] Windows Live Messenger (WLM) Sign In Problem, Error Code: 80010100
- 7Customizer: Freeware to Customize and Tweak Windows 7 Installation Disc
- Which is the Best Web Browser Ever: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari or Maxthon?