Get Windows 7 Volume Control Box in Windows XP
Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Waiting to Download Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2?
- What is the Use of USB Port in Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon and Other DTH Set Top Box?
- Microsoft Re-brands “Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner” to “Microsoft Safety Scanner”
- Add “System Tools” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- BSNL Broadband Service “DataOne” Sending E-mails If You Cross Free Usage Limit
- Add “Desktop Shortcuts” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu