Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “Desktop Shortcuts” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu
- Get Windows 8 “Win+X” Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using WinPlusX
- How to Change Lock Screen Background Image in Windows 8?
- [Solution] Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop Doesn’t Refresh Automatically in Windows Vista
- Add Your Favorite Program Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 M3 Starter Kit”