Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- John Background Switcher: Download Free Desktop Background Slide Show Software for Windows
- How to Disable Hot Corners (Charms Bar, Start Screen Thumbnail, App Switch List) in Windows 8?
- How to Create Unattended Setup Installer of Microsoft Office, Insert Product Key Automatically
- Microsoft Shows Improved File Name Collisions (Conflicts) Dialog Box in Windows 8
- How to Add Windows 7 “God Mode” Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu?
- [Guide] How to Create Portable Version of Windows 8 on USB Drive Using “Windows To Go” Feature?