Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Backup and Restore Mozilla Firefox Extensions, Themes, Bookmarks, Preferences, Passwords, Cookies, etc Using FEBE
- Download Royale Blue, Luna and Zune Remix Themes for Windows 7
- How to Get “Shared Folder Icon” Back in Windows Explorer in Windows 7
- How to Get Iconized Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer? Only Show Icons and No Titles for Links
- How to Show Large Icons in Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows Taskbar?
- How to Uninstall Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)?