Windows 7 contains a redesigned Volume Control window which shows better details and graphics for device volumes. Now you can get a similar window in your XP. Thanks to fediaFedia for creating this mod.
Download the required file from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get an EXE file "sndvol32.exe". Now you just need to replace existing "sndvol32.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder (here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system) with this new one.
Make sure you have run WFP Patcher in Windows. WFP Patcher disables WFP (Windows File Protection) service which protects editing/replacing of system files and you'll not be able to replace the file until you disable it using WFP patcher.
If you don't want to disable WFP, you can still replace the file using Replacer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 Concept Login Screen “Gloosh” for Windows 7
- [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- How to Restore Missing “New” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows?
- Classic Shell 4.0: Get Classic Start Menu, Classic IE and Explorer Toolbar Buttons Back in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Keyboard Shortcuts List for Windows Media Player in Windows 7
- FlyakiteOSX: Transform Windows XP, Server 2003 or MCE into Mac OS X