Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
Windows 7 shows a small rectangle at the end of Taskbar which works like good old "Show Desktop" shortcut. When you click on it, it minimizes all running windows so that you can work on Desktop.
Its new in Windows 7 and Windows XP and Vista users have to use 3rd party themes to get this rectangle but unfortunately the rectangle in such themes is a fake one and doesn't provide any functionality.
But no no need to use fake one when you can get a working one. Today we are going to share a very small portable utility which sits in system tray and shows Windows 7 look-like "Show Desktop" rectangle at the end of Taskbar:
As you can see in the above screenshot, it looks almost same as Windows 7.
If you change Windows theme, you'll need to refresh the rectangle image. You can do that by right-clicking on its system tray icon (Windows flag) and selecting "Refresh Image" option.
Its very small utility and doesn't need to install. Simply run EXE file and enjoy it.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
- How to Always Show “User Home Folder”, “Control Panel” and “Recycle Bin” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Download Leopard Safari Skin for Maxthon Web Browser
- Coolbarz: Freeware to Get Good Old Desktop Toolbar (Deskbar) Feature Back in Windows 7
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Addictive Games for Google Android Devices
- Add “Open in New Window” Option in Folders and Drives Context Menu in Windows