Windows 7 shows a small rectangle at the end of Taskbar which works like good old "Show Desktop" shortcut. When you click on it, it minimizes all running windows so that you can work on Desktop.
Its new in Windows 7 and Windows XP and Vista users have to use 3rd party themes to get this rectangle but unfortunately the rectangle in such themes is a fake one and doesn't provide any functionality.
But no no need to use fake one when you can get a working one. Today we are going to share a very small portable utility which sits in system tray and shows Windows 7 look-like "Show Desktop" rectangle at the end of Taskbar:
As you can see in the above screenshot, it looks almost same as Windows 7.
If you change Windows theme, you'll need to refresh the rectangle image. You can do that by right-clicking on its system tray icon (Windows flag) and selecting "Refresh Image" option.
Its very small utility and doesn't need to install. Simply run EXE file and enjoy it.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Taskbar Drop Shadow: Add Cool Drop Shadow Effect to Windows Taskbar
- Download Windows Phone 7 “Mango” and XBox Inspired Themes for Windows 7
- How to Add or Remove “Power Options” Button from Start Screen in Windows 8.1?
- How to Pin “God Mode” Shortcut to Taskbar in Windows 7 and Later?
- How to Convert MP3, Wav and Other Media Files into AAC or M4A Formats Using iTunes
- [Tip] How to Enable Enterprise Mode in Internet Explorer 11 and Later?