Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
Windows 7 shows a small rectangle at the end of Taskbar which works like good old "Show Desktop" shortcut. When you click on it, it minimizes all running windows so that you can work on Desktop.
Its new in Windows 7 and Windows XP and Vista users have to use 3rd party themes to get this rectangle but unfortunately the rectangle in such themes is a fake one and doesn't provide any functionality.
But no no need to use fake one when you can get a working one. Today we are going to share a very small portable utility which sits in system tray and shows Windows 7 look-like "Show Desktop" rectangle at the end of Taskbar:
As you can see in the above screenshot, it looks almost same as Windows 7.
If you change Windows theme, you'll need to refresh the rectangle image. You can do that by right-clicking on its system tray icon (Windows flag) and selecting "Refresh Image" option.
Its very small utility and doesn't need to install. Simply run EXE file and enjoy it.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret Features Using “Advanced Configuration” Page in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera Web Browsers
- Microsoft Office 2013 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), GA on January 29, 2013
- Windows 10 Preview Build 10162 for PC Available for Download
- How to Add Useful Shortcuts, Files and Folders in My Computer Window Using Hidden Network Shortcuts Trick
- Download Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
- Autorun Eater: Remove Suspicious “Autorun.inf” Files from USB Drives