Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
Windows 7 shows a small rectangle at the end of Taskbar which works like good old "Show Desktop" shortcut. When you click on it, it minimizes all running windows so that you can work on Desktop.
Its new in Windows 7 and Windows XP and Vista users have to use 3rd party themes to get this rectangle but unfortunately the rectangle in such themes is a fake one and doesn't provide any functionality.
But no no need to use fake one when you can get a working one. Today we are going to share a very small portable utility which sits in system tray and shows Windows 7 look-like "Show Desktop" rectangle at the end of Taskbar:
As you can see in the above screenshot, it looks almost same as Windows 7.
If you change Windows theme, you'll need to refresh the rectangle image. You can do that by right-clicking on its system tray icon (Windows flag) and selecting "Refresh Image" option.
Its very small utility and doesn't need to install. Simply run EXE file and enjoy it.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8 RTM without using Customization Pack
- Start Menu Will Make a Comeback in Next Windows Version
- SystemTray Recycler: Put Recycle Bin in Windows System Tray aka Taskbar Notification Area
- [Tip] Customize Text Shadow and Button Transparency Effects on Windows 7 Login Screen
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Users
- MiniTool Partition Wizard: Download Free All-in-One Partition Manager for Windows