Get Windows 7 Iconized (Icon Only) Taskbar Feature in Windows XP and Vista
Windows 7 taskbar doesn't show text in application buttons, it only show their icons. On the other hand previous Windows versions used to show icon as well as text in all application's taskbar buttons.
Actually Windows 7 new iconized taskbar feature looks good and it also saves space in taskbar area. If you want to have the same feature in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, 2008, etc, then you can get it after following a few simple and easy steps.
Before applying this tutorial:
After applying this tutorial:
So here are the steps to follow:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. Now go to following key:
2. In right-side pane, create a new String value MinWidth and set its value to -255
3. That's it. Log off or restart your system and get ready to have iconized taskbar in your system.
4. To restore default taskbar behavior, delete the MinWidth String value and log off or restart your system.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script which can do the task automatically, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the Install.reg file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Missing “Send To” Menuitem in File and Folder Context Menus in Windows?
- Windows 7 Starter Edition 3 Applications Limit Removed
- [Did You Know] Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Download “Vista Boot Logo Generator” to Change or Customize Windows Vista Boot Screen
- Transform Windows Vista into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- How to Get Rid of Too Much White Space in Microsoft Office 2013? Switch to New Gray Color Themes