Get Windows Vista Style System Properties in Windows XP
NOTE: If your anti-virus software shows a warning message while running it, ignore that. Its a false positive.
Yesterday I told you about a standalone app which can provide Windows Vista Welcome Center in Windows XP. Today its turn of Vista System Properties. Windows Vista provides a different System Properties window which doesn't contain any tab but shows all required tabs as links in left side pane. It also shows more system details than Windows XP.
The above screenshot has been taken from Windows XP which shows same System Properties window which you get in Windows Vista. It became possible with the help of a standalone app called "Vista System Properties for XP" developed by "fediaFedia".
You can download it using following link:
Extract the ZIP file and you'll get 4 folders. 2 for Vista Glass theme and 2 for Vista Basic theme. There are separate versions available for AMD and Intel processors. So you can use whichever you want.
You can simply run the "sysdm.exe" file to get Vista System Properties window. But if you want to integrate it in XP similar to Vista so that you can open it using the normal way, then copy all 3 files: sysdm.cpl, sysdm2.cpl and sysdm.exe to "%windir%\System32" folder. It'll already contain the "sysdm.cpl" file and will ask you to replace existing file, accept it and overwrite the existing file but before overwriting take a backup of existing sysdm.cpl file so that you can restore it whenever you want.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Launchy: A Complete Replacement for Windows Start Menu, Taskbar, Desktop Icons and File Manager
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like Ribbon UI in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Explorer using Styler Skin
- Get New Windows 8 Metro Start ORB (Start Button) in Windows 7
- Microsoft Asks, What’s Your Inbox Like?
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Developer Options” Menu in Google Android Mobile Phones and Tablets
- Registry Tweaks to Customize User Account Control (UAC) Options in Windows Vista and Later