Get Windows Vista Style Desktop Personalization in Windows XP
Today we'll discuss about getting Vista styled Desktop Properties window aka Personalization window in XP. Windows Vista shows a different window when we enter into Desktop Properties. It contains various links to Themes, Screen Saver, Sounds, etc instead of the old tabs.
The above screenshot has been taken from Windows XP which is very close to Windows Vista Personalization window.
To get it in your Windows XP, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Personalization.exe" file:
If you want to integrate it in Windows so that you can access it by selecting Desktop Properties, then go to "%windir%\System32" folder, rename "desk.cpl" file to "desk2.cpl" (Very Important) and then copy both "desk.cpl" and "Personalization.exe" files from the downloaded folder to "System32" folder.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Fix Windows 10 Activation Problems Using Built-in Troubleshooter
- [Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
- Enable Hidden Secret Polygamy (Multi-Login) Feature of Yahoo! Messenger to Run Multiple Instances at Same Time
- [Fun Tip] Maximize Windows or Dialog Box When Maximize Button is Disabled
- How to Pin “Network Connections” Shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar?
- How to Upgrade from a Testing Build to Final RTM Version of Windows?