Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Registry Method] How to Prevent Themes to Change Desktop Icons & Mouse Pointers in Windows 7?
- Get Longhorn Style 3D Animated (Rotating) User Picture in Windows Vista Start Menu
- FileTypesMan: Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- Download Free Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Visio 2013 and Project 2013 60-Day Trial Versions
- Windows Vista Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance
- [Tip] How to Enable Enterprise Mode in Internet Explorer 11 and Later?