Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] How to Fix “Orkut.com, YouTube.com and Mozilla Firefox is Banned in Your System” Error in Windows?
- Internet Explorer 10 Allows to Switch Between IE5, IE7, IE8 and IE9 Rendering Modes
- TweakIE9: Tweaking Utility for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
- Stratiform: Add-on to Customize Mozilla Firefox UI
- DeskHack: Show Actual Theme Names in Windows Vista Desktop Properties
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 8.1?