Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 RTM Themes and Wallpapers for Windows 7
- How to Restore “Show Desktop” Shortcut Icon in Quick Launch Toolbar?
- How to Fix Explorer Freezing Problem with Large Zip Files in Windows Vista?
- Customize Windows 7 Login Screen Using Account Screen Editor
- TaskDock: Center All Taskbar (Superbar) Buttons in Windows 7
- Update Your Windows Using Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Any Other Web Browser