Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Get “Up” Button and Titlebar Text and Icon Back in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- [Review] All About Resource Hacker, The Ultimate Windows Customization Tool
- How to Remove “Burn” Button from Windows Explorer Command Bar in Windows 7?
- Collection of Boot Screens of All Windows Versions from Windows 1.0 to Windows 7
- How to Install Windows 8 in Virtual Box or VMware Workstation?
- How to Move / Show “Details Pane” at Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?