Get Detailed Power Management Report Using “Powercfg -ENERGY” Command in Windows 7
Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Change or Customize Internet Explorer Title Bar Caption?
- How to Get Classic XP Style Network Activity Indicator Back in Windows 7?
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows Vista and Later
- Windows 7 Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance