Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Lock Screen Appears Automatically at Constant Intervals in Windows 8 and Later
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options
- How to Change or Customize Windows XP and Windows 7 Login Screen Text Entries?
- Mozilla Introduces New “Online Installer” (Stub Installer) for Firefox Web Browser
- AppRemover: Uninstaller / Removal Tool for All Popular Antivirus Software
- Download Outpost Internet Security Suite FREE