Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] How to Find Out the Date and Time When Windows was Installed in Your Computer?
- WinThunder: Get Quick Access to Weather, Favorite Shortcuts, Files, Folders, Apps in Windows 7 System Tray
- Coolbarz: Get Good Old Desktop Toolbar (Deskbar) Back in Windows 7
- Microsoft Live Labs Released Color Picker Gadget for Windows Sidebar
- How to Change or Customize Windows 7 Boot Screen Using Windows 7 Boot Updater
- How to Get “Hide Window When Minimized” Option Back in Windows Live Mail in Windows 7