Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Create a Shortcut Icon or Hotkey to Enable / Disable Windows Firewall?
- How to Customize Windows 7 Login Screen Text Shadow and Button Transparency?
- 7-Zip: Free and Open Source File Archive Utility for Windows and Linux
- How to Restore Missing Search Option in Windows Vista Start Menu After Installing SP1?
- ViGlance: Get Windows 7 Look-Like Taskbar in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Uninstall Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)?