Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 Will Come with Hyper-V, Microsoft Confirms
- MinUI: Mozilla Firefox Add-on to Hide All Toolbars Using Ctrl Key
- Microsoft IE Team Releases “Bored to Death” HTML5 Game to Play Online
- How to Disable Autorun Functionality in Windows Using Registry Editor?
- Create Simple Script to Close and Restart Explorer Automatically in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows Vista and Later