Get Detailed Power Management Report Using “Powercfg -ENERGY” Command in Windows 7
Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available for Download
- Hidden Secret Codes for Samsung Wave “Bada OS” Mobile Phones
- Add “Hide” and “Unhide” Options in File / Folder Context Menus in Windows
- Secret Processor Trick to Improve System Performance in Windows Vista and Later
- Visual Subst: Automatically Create Virtual Drives for Your Desired Folder in Windows Explorer
- How to Add “Disk Cleanup” Option in Drive Context Menu in Windows