Here is another interesting feature in Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with a built-in command "powercfg -ENERGY". This command creates a detailed report about your current power management plan. The format of this report is HTML.
The report helps in rectifying the issues which decrease the battery backup of your system and you can increase the backup time by fixing those issues.
To use this built-in command:
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
3. That's it. It'll take 60 seconds and will create an HTML file which you can open in your web browser.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Enable Hidden Secret Animation in Details Pane of Windows Vista and 7 Explorer
- Mount and Access System Restore Points in Windows Using System Restore Explorer
- How to Enable / Disable “New -> Shortcut” in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Context Menu?
- How to Remove Linux Boot Loader from Startup After Deleting Linux Partitions?
- How to Move or Resize an Off-Screen Window in Windows?
- PlacesBar Editor: Customize Default Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Windows and Office