FoxE9: Download Add-on to Make Mozilla Firefox Look-Like Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
We here at AskVG use Mozilla Firefox as primary browser. Currently we are enjoying the latest nightly build which works quite well for us and never crashes. But we are also a fan of minimal UI of Internet Explorer 9. IE9 UI is very clean and provides much space for the web pages.
We have shared a detailed tutorial in past for making Mozilla Firefox look like IE9:
We used an excellent add-on "Stratiform" in the above mentioned tutorial to transform Firefox into IE9 but the sad news is that the add-on no longer comes with IE9 toolbar set so you can't use that method to make Firefox look-like IE9.
No need to be sad. Here is a good news! The same developer has released a new add-on called "FoxE9" which automates the whole task and automatically transforms Firefox into IE9.
"FoxE9" is a new extension for Mozilla Firefox which helps you in making Firefox look like Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. You just need to install the add-on and that's it. It does its job so well that you can't differentiate between Firefox using the add-on and actual IE9 browser.
Following is a preview of Mozilla Firefox 13.0 Alpha build using FoxE9 add-on:
As you can see in the above screenshot, it looks exact same as IE9. According to the developer, the add-on works in Firefox 10+ versions.
You can download the add-on using following link:
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Leave Windows Insider Program in Windows 10?
- How to Get the Good Old Classic Chat Interface Back in Facebook?
- [Fix] SSL Error or Invalid Security Certificate Problem While Opening Facebook or Other Websites
- How to Bypass or Completely Disable Start Screen in Microsoft Office 2013 Applications?
- How to Clear Location History of Desktop Background List in Windows Vista and Later
- Windows 10 Mobile RTM Now Available for Windows Phone 8.1 Devices