Its a known issue in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7. I received lots of mails about this problem. Sometimes people call it a bug in Windows and sometimes a virus problem. But the truth is, its a compatibility issue between WinRAR and Windows.
Recently a visitor "Blu" contacted me about the same issue. He was using Windows 7. Whenever he right-clicks on a file/folder in Explorer, he gets a very wide context menu as shown in following screenshot:
If you are also facing this problem, follow these simple steps to fix the problem:
1. Open WinRAR and go to "Options -> Settings...".
2. Now click on "Integration" tab.
3. In "Shell integration" section, try following things to fix the problem:
- Disable "Icons in context menu" option and click on OK button.
- If the above trick doesn't work, then enable "Cascaded context menus" option.
- If none of the above 2 options works, then remove the context menu entry by disabling "Integrate WinRAR into shell" option.
4. After following 3rd step, your problem will be solved.