[FIX] WinRAR Causes Wide Context Menu Problem in Windows
Its a known issue in Windows XP and later. I received lots of mails about this problem. Sometimes people call it a bug in Windows and sometimes a virus problem. But the truth is, its a compatibility issue between WinRAR and Windows.
Recently a visitor "Blu" contacted me about the same issue. He was using Windows 7. Whenever he right-clicks on a file/folder in Explorer, he gets a very wide context menu as shown in following screenshot:
If you are also facing this problem, follow these simple steps to fix the problem:
1. Open WinRAR and go to "Options -> Settings...".
2. Now click on "Integration" tab.
3. In "Shell integration" section, try following things to fix the problem:
- Disable "Icons in context menu" option and click on OK button.
- If the above trick doesn't work, then enable "Cascaded context menus" option.
- If none of the above 2 options works, then remove the context menu entry by disabling "Integrate WinRAR into shell" option.
4. After following 3rd step, your problem will be solved.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hidden Secret Trick to Open “Command Prompt” Window Instead of RUN Box Using New Task Option of Task Manager
- Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CWSM
- [Tip] Install and Test Operating Systems Virtually in Windows Using Hyper-V
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Download OSX Yosemite Login Screen for Windows XP and 7
- Download Animated Lightning City Theme (Persona) for Mozilla Firefox