[Fix] Windows Live Messenger (WLM) Auto Starts While Opening Hotmail Website in Internet Explorer (IE)
If you have installed recently released Wave 4 version of Windows Live Messenger, you might be facing this strange problem.
If you try to open Hotmail website in Internet Explorer web browser, Windows Live Messenger (WLM) automatically starts. This problem occurs in Internet Explorer only. If you use any other web browser, you'll not face this problem.
This problem occurs due to improved integration of WLM with Hotmail and Internet Explorer. When you install new Wave 4 version, it automatically installs 2 new add-ons in IE which cause this annoying problem.
You'll need to disable the newly installed add-ons in Internet Explorer to fix this problem. Simply follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools -> Manage add-ons" option.
2. Now select following add-ons from the list and click on "Disable" button:
- Windows Live
- Windows Live Sign-in Helper
3. Close the Add-ons window and now Windows Live Messenger will no longer start when you open Hotmail in Internet Explorer web browser.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Missing “Compressed (zipped) Folder” Item in Send To Menu in Windows?
- How to Hide / Show Specific Control Panel Applets / Icons in Windows?
- [Fix] “The Update is Not Applicable to Your Computer” Error Message While Installing Windows 8.1 Preview from Store
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “FreeCell” Game in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Restore Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop in Windows Vista and Later?