We told you earlier that Windows 8 final version has been released to public and now anyone can purchase or download it from Internet. You can check out following article for more details:
The best way to purchase and download Windows 8 setup files is using the "Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant" provided by Microsoft. It checks your PC for compatibility issues and allows you to purchase a license of Windows 8 as well as download Windows 8 from Microsoft Store.
But there are a few Windows users who are getting following error message while trying to purchase Windows 8 using upgrade assistant:
Windows 8 isn't available for download
Sorry, Windows 8 isn't available for online purchase in the country/region you're in.
If you are also getting this error message, check out following steps to fix the problem:
1. Windows 8 upgrade offer is available in selected countries and regions by Microsoft, so first make sure your country or region is available for the upgrade offer by visiting following official terms and conditions page given at Microsoft website:
2. If your country or region is present in the given list but you are still receiving the error message, following trick will help you in removing the error message:
2.a. First close upgrade assistant if it is running and then go to the folder which contains upgrade assistant's EXE file.
2.b. Now right-click on EXE file and select Properties.
2.c. Go to Compatibility tab and enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option. Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" (or the oldest Windows version available in the list) from the drop-down box.
2.d. Apply the changes and run upgrade assistant again.
Now you'll no longer receive the error message and you'll be able to purchase or download Windows 8 from Microsoft. Checked and confirmed...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Revealing Hidden Secret “Unicorn” Easter Egg in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?
- Start8: Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back, Load Desktop on Login and Disable Hot Spots in Windows 8
- [Exclusive] Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8 – Add, Remove, Rename or Move Shortcuts
- [FAQ] Things to Know Before Downloading or Installing Windows 8.1 Preview
- [Tip] Hide / Remove Search Box and Up Button from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer