[Fix] Windows 8 Not Available for Download or Purchase in Your Country or Region
We told you earlier that Windows 8 final version has been released to public and now anyone can purchase or download it from Internet. You can check out following article for more details:
The best way to purchase and download Windows 8 setup files is using the "Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant" provided by Microsoft. It checks your PC for compatibility issues and allows you to purchase a license of Windows 8 as well as download Windows 8 from Microsoft Store.
But there are a few Windows users who are getting following error message while trying to purchase Windows 8 using upgrade assistant:
Windows 8 isn't available for download
Sorry, Windows 8 isn't available for online purchase in the country/region you're in.
If you are also getting this error message, check out following steps to fix the problem:
1. Windows 8 upgrade offer is available in selected countries and regions by Microsoft, so first make sure your country or region is available for the upgrade offer by visiting following official terms and conditions page given at Microsoft website:
2. If your country or region is present in the given list but you are still receiving the error message, following trick will help you in removing the error message:
2.a. First close upgrade assistant if it is running and then go to the folder which contains upgrade assistant's EXE file.
2.b. Now right-click on EXE file and select Properties.
2.c. Go to Compatibility tab and enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option. Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" (or the oldest Windows version available in the list) from the drop-down box.
2.d. Apply the changes and run upgrade assistant again.
Now you'll no longer receive the error message and you'll be able to purchase or download Windows 8 from Microsoft. Checked and confirmed...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Details Native Explorer Support for Mounting ISO and VHD Files in Windows 8
- How to Disable “Open New Tab After Current Tab” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- Add “System Tools” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- How to Setup Email Accounts Using POP3 or IMAP in Email Clients
- Beginner’s Guide to Safely Configure / Disable Windows 10 Services
- Internet Explorer 10 Allows to Switch Between IE5, IE7, IE8 and IE9 Rendering Modes