Just a few hours back Microsoft released Windows 8.1 Free Preview to public which can be downloaded from following link:
Windows 8.1 Preview can be downloaded in 2 ways: Direct update from Windows 8 Store or Clean installation using ISO file.
Installing Windows 8.1 Preview from Windows Store is easy and fast. You need to first download and install a small update so that your Windows 8 PC can prompt you about the availability of Windows 8.1 Preview.
But some Windows 8 users are facing a strange problem. When they try to install the required update, they get following error message:
Windows Update Standalone Installer
The update is not applicable to your computer.
Since the update can't be installed in Windows 8 PC, users are unable to upgrade their PC to Windows 8.1 Preview.
It seems the users who are facing this problem, are using a different locale and language in their PC which is not present in the list of allowed languages to install Windows 8.1 Preview by Microsoft.
Actually Windows 8.1 Preview can only be installed in those Windows 8 PCs which are using a locale or language present in following list:
Arabic, English (US), Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
If you are using a different locale or language in your Windows 8 PC, you'll need to change it to one of the above mentioned languages.
To change the locale settings, open Control Panel and click on Region icon. Alternatively you can direct open it using intl.cpl command.
It'll open a new window containing details of your current system locale, language, etc. Just change the settings to English (United States) or any other mentioned in the above list and apply changes.
Restart your system and now try to install the required Windows 8.1 Preview update again. Now it should work.
If it still doesn't work for you, you can download ISO files of Windows 8.1 Preview using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [AskVG Gallery] Download Themes, Skins, Icon Packs and Wallpapers for Windows
- How to Clear / Remove Unwanted Items from “Hide Inactive Icons” Customization Box History in Notification Area of Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Fix] “The AC Power Adapter Type is Incorrect or Cannot be Determined” Warning Message at Startup in Laptops
- How to Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 7
- What Should Microsoft Change in Windows 8 to Make All Users Happy?
- How to Fix User Folders Glass Icons Changed to Default Yellow Icons in Windows Vista?