[Fix] “SecureBoot isn’t Configured Correctly” Watermark Showing on Windows 8.1 Desktop
Today we are going to address one of the most annoying and frequently faced problems of Windows 8.1 operating system. There are many people who installed or upgraded to recently released Windows 8.1 OS and started facing a weird issue.
Suddenly a watermark "SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" starts showing on their Desktop. This text message is shown in lower-right corner of Desktop as shown in following screenshot:
Windows 8.1 Pro
SecureBoot isn't configured correctly
Users have no idea why this watermark appears on Windows 8.1 Desktop? There is no way or option available in Windows 8.1 Settings to remove this watermark from Desktop.
Actually "Secure Boot" is a new security feature of Windows 8.1 which helps users in increasing the security of their computer system. It automatically prevents unauthorized software from running in Windows. But this feature can only be used if your computer BIOS supports it. If you see "SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark on Desktop, it means this feature has been disabled from BIOS settings.
But sometimes the watermark doesn't go away even if you correct the settings in BIOS or your BIOS doesn't support this feature at all.
Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and released a hotfix "KB2902864" to solve this problem. Once you install this hotfix, it'll remove the annoying watermark from Windows 8.1 Desktop.
Windows 8.1 users who are having "SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark on Desktop, can download this hotfix using following links:
- Download Link for Windows 8.1 (32-bit or x86)
- Download Link for Windows 8.1 (64-bit or x64)
- Download Link for Windows Server 2012 R2
Install the hotfix and restart your system. After reboot the annoying watermark will disappear forever.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Organize Windows 8 Start Screen Tiles in Groups and Name These Groups
- How to Show Tabs Below Titlebar When Mozilla Firefox is Maximized
- Download Windows 8 and Windows 10 Boot Screen for Windows 7
- [Fix] “SecureBoot isn’t Configured Correctly” Watermark Showing on Windows 8.1 Desktop
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 7 Bugs and Goof-ups
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail