[Fix] New Tab Page Automatically Opens After Installing New Apps in Google Chrome
Recently we shared a small trick to enable secret "Translator Bubble UI" feature in Google Chrome which replaces old translation toolbar with a new bubble notification in the web browser.
Today its turn of another similar feature present in Google Chrome. Whenever you install a new app (also known as extension or add-on) in Google Chrome through Web Store, a new tab page "chrome://apps" automatically opens showing a list of all installed apps.
It becomes annoying if you frequently install apps in the browser and this apps page automatically opens again and again. If you are working on a tab, it might be very frustrating to close this unwanted tab each time you install a new app.
Did you know Google Chrome provides a secret feature to disable this annoying behavior? Google Chrome contains an option in its hidden secret configuration page which is known as Chrome Flags page to replace this automatic new tab page opening behavior with a cool bubble type notification.
If you also want to disable new tab page automatic launch after installation of new apps in Google Chrome, check out following simple steps:
1. Open Google Chrome and type chrome://flags/ in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll open Chrome Flags page.
2. Now press "Ctrl+F" keys together to launch find box and type apps install in the find box.
It'll directly go to following option:
New Apps Install Bubble Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS
When installing an app, always show a bubble pointing at the new tab page button on the tabstrip instead of opening a new tab page. #apps-new-install-bubble
3. Click on the "Enable" link given below this option.
4. Now click on "Relaunch Now" button and it'll restart Google Chrome web browser.
Now try to install a new app in Google Chrome and once the app installation completes, you'll see the new bubble notification "The app has been added to Chrome" in the top-right corner of browser window and no new tab page will be opened to annoy you.
Posted in: Google Chrome
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Disallow Secret “Customer Experience Improvement Program” (CEIP) from Collecting Information in Windows
- How to Fix “Copy Items” & “Move Items” Dialog Box Cut-Off Problem in Windows?
- How to Clear / Remove Unwanted Items from “Hide Inactive Icons” Customization Box History in Notification Area of Windows
- How to Restrict Users from Customizing Lock Screen in Windows 8 and 8.1?
- [AIO] Complete Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- Download Genuine Microsoft Office Setup Media for Offline Installation