[Fix] Links from Yahoo! Messenger, FDM and avast! Open in IE Even If Firefox is Default Browser
If you use Yahoo! Messenger or avast! or Free Download Manager (FDM), you might have noticed that whenever you click on any link in these software, it opens in Internet Explorer even when Mozilla Firefox is set as Default browser in your system.
Most of the times this problem occurs in Windows Vista. If you are facing this problem, then follow these simple steps to fix this problem:
1. Click on "Default Programs" shortcut in Start menu. Now click on the last option in the list "Set program access and computer defaults":
2. Now click on "Custom" section and select "Mozilla Firefox" in "Choose a default web browser" section:
3. That's it. Click on OK button and now all links will open in Firefox instead of IE.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- The Best Method to Hide Files and Folders in Windows Without Using 3rd Party Utilities
- Open++: Useful Context Menu Shell Extension for Windows
- Download “Microsoft Camera Codec Pack” to Enable RAW Format Support in Windows Explorer and Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Hidden Secret “About” Pages and Easter Eggs in Google Chrome
- How to Open .Hlp Files in Windows Vista, 7 or 8 Which Require Windows Help Program (WinHlp32.exe)?
- [Windows 8.1 Bug] Icons Look Distorted in Delete Confirmation Dialog Box and Send To Menu