[Fix] Jumplist in Windows 7 Start Menu Stopped Working
Recently we received an email from AskVG reader "neo_mc" regarding an annoying problem in Windows 7. Here is what his email contained:
Suddenly the jumplist in my Windows 7 stopped working. Whenever I move mouse cursor over the small arrow in left-side of start menu, it doesn't expand the list and doesn't show jumplist items.
Can you please send me a working solution?
Actually Windows 7 shows jumplist for programs in left-side of start menu. A little arrow is shown and when you hover mouse cursor over it, it shows the tasks list by expanding start menu's right-side pane.
Sometimes when you hover the mouse cursor over little arrow, it doesn't show the tasklist or jumplist as shown in following screenshot:
It happens when you have disabled a related option in Taskbar and Start menu Properties.
You can fix this problem by using following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now go to "Start Menu" tab and click on Customize button.
3. Now scroll down to the middle and you'll see an option "Open submenus when I pause on them with the mouse pointer".
This option would be disabled in your case, enable the option and click on OK button.
That's it. It'll fix your problem and you'll start getting start menu jumplist by hovering your mouse cursor over the little arrow.
Have you also faced this problem in your Windows? Feel free to share your experience in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- WinLaunch: Download Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” for Windows Vista and 7
- [Fix] “There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program” Error Message in Windows
- How to Enable Image Slide Show Feature on Windows 8.1 Lock Screen?
- How to Put Tabs Back on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] Windows 7 is not Genuine Error Message, Make It Original and Activated Again
- [Tip] Hide / Remove Search Box and Up Button from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer