[Fix] Can’t Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk in Windows
Many Windows users have faced a strange problem while converting a basic disk into dynamic disk. Whenever they try to convert, they receive following error message:
The pack name is invalid.
Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and has posted a working solution for this problem. Actually this problem occurs when you are using Windows in a country such as China, Japan or Korea. When you install Windows, it asks you to provide a name to your computer and if you used one or more double-byte characters such as hanzi (Chinese), kanji (Japanese) or hanja (Korean) while giving name to your PC, you might face this problem.
This problem can be faced by Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. If you are also facing this problem, you can follow these simple steps to fix it:
1. Open RUN dialog box by pressing Win+R keys together and type sysdm.cpl and press Enter.
2. It'll open System Properties window. Now click on "Change" button as shown in following screenshot:
3. Now type a new name for your computer and make sure it doesn't contain any double-byte character.
4. That's it. Apply the changes, restart your system and now you'll be able to convert a basic disk into dynamic disk without any problem.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for this info...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix “Unexpected Installation Error -203″ Problem While Installing Extensions and Themes in Mozilla Firefox?
- Download Windows 8 RTM Metro Theme for Mozilla Firefox
- How to Quickly Clear or Disable “Recently Opened Programs” List in Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7?
- List of Resource Hacker Tutorials to Customize Windows Look-n-Feel
- STDU Explorer: Get Windows 8 Style Explorer with Ribbon UI in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Download WinStep Nexus Dock with Live Icon Reflection and System Tray Support