[Fix] Can’t Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk in Windows
Many Windows users have faced a strange problem while converting a basic disk into dynamic disk. Whenever they try to convert, they receive following error message:
The pack name is invalid.
Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and has posted a working solution for this problem. Actually this problem occurs when you are using Windows in a country such as China, Japan or Korea. When you install Windows, it asks you to provide a name to your computer and if you used one or more double-byte characters such as hanzi (Chinese), kanji (Japanese) or hanja (Korean) while giving name to your PC, you might face this problem.
This problem can be faced by Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. If you are also facing this problem, you can follow these simple steps to fix it:
1. Open RUN dialog box by pressing Win+R keys together and type sysdm.cpl and press Enter.
2. It'll open System Properties window. Now click on "Change" button as shown in following screenshot:
3. Now type a new name for your computer and make sure it doesn't contain any double-byte character.
4. That's it. Apply the changes, restart your system and now you'll be able to convert a basic disk into dynamic disk without any problem.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for this info...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Customize Hidden “Extended Send To” Menu in Windows, Add or Remove Shortcuts
- Opera Mail: Lightweight and Portable Email Client for Windows
- DWMColorMod: Free Utility for Windows 7 to Customize Aero Glass Appearance
- Download Free “Microsoft Download Manager” from Microsoft
- Get Maximum Aero Glass Transparency in Mozilla Firefox in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Change or Remove Windows Logo from Windows 7 System Properties?