[Fix] Can’t Change Volume Level on HD Channels in Tata Sky DTH
Tata Sky is one of the most famous and reputable DTH companies in India. It provides excellent hardware (set top box) and user interface to its users as mentioned in following exclusive review articles:
- [Tata Sky and Dish TV Review] Comparison Between Two Major Indian DTH Services
- [Review] Comparison Between Airtel Digital TV (ADTV) and Tata Sky DTH Services
It provides 24 HD channels which puts it at 3rd position in HD channels comparison chart as mentioned here.
But there is a small issue in Tata Sky set top box (STB) which has been faced by many Tata Sky users. This issue occurs in HD set top boxes. I have also faced this issue in past and after getting a few emails about same issue, today I decided to create this topic.
If you are using Tata Sky HD (without recording feature) or HD+ (with recorder) set top box with an HD compatible TV such as LCD, LED, etc, you might have noticed that when you are watching an HD channel, the volume level automatically turns to maximum and it doesn't change even if you try to change it using Tata Sky remote.
If you try to increase or decrease volume level of an HD channel using TS remote, the volume level indicator on screen changes accordingly but the sound output doesn't change and you keep getting maximum sound on HD channels.
The volume level works fine on SD channels but doesn't work on HD channels.
I think this problem occurs when your TV doesn't support Dolby Digital sound output. Tata Sky provides Dolby Digital sound on HD channels and when your TV set doesn't support it, this issue occurs. If you have more than one HD enabled TVs in your house and if you are facing this problem, try to attach the STB with other TV. There are big chances that the issue will not occur in the other TV set.
Now the question occurs what should you do when you face this problem? How to fix this annoying issue? Don't worry! There is a working solution for this problem.
If you are facing volume related issue in Tata Sky HD STB, just follow these simple steps and you'll be able to change volume level on HD channels without any problem:
1. Press Organizer button on Tata Sky remote and then select "User Settings" option.
2. Now scroll down a little and select "Sound Settings" option.
3. It'll open sound settings screen where you can change default volume level of STB as well as audio type for SPDIF and HDMI output.
If the Preferred audio type is set to Dolby Digital, change it to PCM for both or at least HDMI as shown in following image:
4. Press Blue button to save the changes and now you'll be able to change volume level on HD channels.
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Tata Sky Set Top Box
- How to Program Tata Sky Universal Remote with your TV Set?
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Start Screen] How to Pin, Resize, Move, Close or Uninstall Metro App Tiles in Windows 8 and Later?
- How to Download Windows 8.1 RTM Standalone Offline ISO for Clean Installation?
- [FIX] Windows Vista or Server 2008 Computer Hangs and Stops Responding While Applying User Settings at Login Screen
- [Fix] Network Connections Folder is Empty in Windows, Not Showing Network Adapters List
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
- Get Windows 8 and 8.1 Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using “Omnimo 6” Rainmeter Skin Suite