[Fix] Can’t Apply “Windows Aero” Theme After Applying “Windows Basic” Theme in Windows 7
Lots of Windows 7 users have faced this weird issue. We know that we can change Windows themes using Desktop Personalization window. You can apply Windows Aero, Windows Basic, Windows Classic or High Contrast themes using personalization window.
If you switch between Windows Aero and Windows Basic themes several times, one stage comes when you might not be able to switch to Windows Aero theme permanently. No "Please Wait" box is displayed on screen and your display remains in Windows Basic theme.
Microsoft has confirmed this issue and provided a workaround to fix this problem. A proper hotfix will be released once the root cause of the problem is investigated.
You try to change Windows theme using personalization window and you switch between Windows 7 Basic and Windows 7 Aero themes several times. After several attempts, your display may no longer change and the "Please Wait" dialog box will no longer be displayed while a change is processing. Windows theme will remain in Basic look.
There is a workaround to fix this issue. Once this problem occurs, select the Windows Classic or any High Contrast theme and wait for the "Please Wait" dialog box and processing to finish. Now select the Aero theme and Windows will apply Aero glass theme without any problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC Available for Download
- How to Disable Protected View in Microsoft Office While Opening Email Attachments or Downloaded Files?
- Pale Moon: New Web Browser Based on Mozilla Firefox and Optimized for Speed
- How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Copy as Path” Option in Windows XP Context Menu?
- Google Launches Games in Google+, Now Play Free Games Using Your Google+ Account
- [Tip] How to Install or Test Drive Google Android OS in Your Computer?