[Fix] Bold, Blurry or Hard to Read Font Problem in Windows 8.1
Old problem in a new operating system. Different problems but single solution! If you can remember, long time back we shared a solution to fix bold and italic font problem in Windows 7:
Now a similar problem has started occurring in Microsoft's latest OS Windows 8.1. Many Windows 8.1 users are facing a strange problem in which the fonts on screen look weird. The screen text becomes very hard to read. The text looks blurry like you are having an incorrect screen resolution or a faulty graphics card.
Sometimes the issue occurs in text fields and sometimes it happens in programs such as Visual Studio, web browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, etc. Also there are many Windows 8.1 users who have faced this issue in Metro apps such as Camera, Mail and Windows Store.
Recently an AskVG reader "Lior" contacted us regarding the same problem and after troubleshooting this strange issue, we were successful in finding a working solution for it.
Actually Microsoft has improved many things in Windows 8.1 and one of these improvements can be found in DPI Scaling system. Microsoft has added a new option to apply one scaling level for all connected display in screen resolution settings. By default this option is disabled and this is the reason behind this annoying problem.
The users who are facing blurry, bold or hard to read font problem in Windows 8.1, just need to enable this new option and their problem will be fixed forever.
So if you are also facing this problem, just check out following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select "Screen resolution" option.
2. Now click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller" link.
3. It'll open "Display" settings page. You can also directly open "Display" window by selecting "Personalize" option from Desktop context menu and then click on "Display" link given at the bottom of left-sidebar.
4. Now enable "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" option and apply the changes.
5. Restart your system and your problem will be fixed.
It seems this new feature is not working properly in many computer systems. We hope that Microsoft will fix this issue soon via an update or hotfix.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Media Center, Silverlight, SQL Server and Desktop Player Wallpapers from Microsoft
- [FIX] Windows Vista or Server 2008 Computer Hangs and Stops Responding While Applying User Settings at Login Screen
- Hidden Secret Codes for Google Android Mobile Phones
- [Tip] Reclaim Free Space by Removing Old Windows Updates Files in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- How to Fix Arrow Keys Navigation Problem in Mozilla Firefox?
- Omnibar: Combine Mozilla Firefox Address bar and Search bar