If you use ESET NOD32 antivirus, you might have faced this situation many times when a normal website is blocked by NOD32.
Actually sometimes NOD32 antivirus blocks a website incorrectly even though the website is absolutely ok and doesn't contain any suspicious data.
When it blocks a website, it shows following error message when you try to open it in your web browser:
Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.
Most of the times its good for user but sometimes when NOD32 blocks a good website incorrectly, you might use the steps mentioned in this tutorial to remove the website from NOD32 blacklist:
1. Double-click on NOD32 system tray icon, it'll open the main window. Now click on "Toggle Advanced mode" link as shown in following screenshot:
It'll ask for confirmation, click on Yes button.
2. Now click on "Enter entire advanced setup tree" link.
NOTE: You can also press F5 key to directly open Settings window. Thanks to our reader "SilverGoldi" for this tip...
3. It'll open NOD32 Settings window. Now go to:
Antivirus and antispyware -> Web access protection -> HTTP, HTTPS -> Address management
4. In right-side pane, make sure "List of addresses excluded from filtering" option is selected in drop-down list. Now click on "Add" button.
5. Now you'll need to enter the website URL which you want to remove from NOD32 blacklist. You just need to enter the domain name without http://www prefix. For example, if NOD32 has blocked Google, you'll need to enter *google.com* in the text box as shown in following screenshot:
6. Once you enter the domain name, click on OK button and NOD32 will successfully add it to the allowed addressed list and will not block the website.
That's it. Now you'll be able to open the website in your browser without any problem.
PS: Use this tutorial only if you are absolutely sure that the blocked website is safe to open...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore “Close Multiple Tabs” Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Internet Explorer?
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Online Virus Scanners
- Download Free Official Themes for Google Chrome Web Browser
- Metro UI: Download Windows 8 Metro Style Black, Blue and White Themes for Yahoo! Messenger
- Download SevenVG Black RTM Theme with Normal Thin Taskbar for Windows XP
- SliderDock: Another Cool Dock for Windows