Firefox Gets New Updated UI for Options (About:Preferences) Page
In the recently released Firefox's Nightly build 55.0, Mozilla has updated the UI for its Options page which can be accessed via Firefox Menu (Hamburger 3-lines button) -> Options or by typing about:preferences in address bar as shown in following screenshot:
Mozilla has grouped and renamed lots of previous tabs in this new updated UI of Options page. For example, in previous versions the Options or Preferences page contained following 8 tabs:
Now the new Options page contains following 5 tabs only:
- Downloads & Links
- Firefox Account
- Privacy & Security
Mozilla has merged several options and sections present in different tabs into a single tab in this new UI. Now the new Options page looks more organized and is easy to browse.
Now let's talk about all the new tabs/sections in details!
The first "General" tab contains following sections:
- Default Search Engine
- One-click Search Engines
- Fonts & Colors
Second tab "Downloads & Links" at the moment contains "Downloads" section only. More sections can be added in future versions.
Third tab "Firefox Account" is a renamed version of Firefox Sync feature.
Fourth tab "Privacy & Security" contains following sections:
- Forms & Passwords
- Tracking Protection
- Location Bar
- DRM Content
- Container Tabs
- Cached Web Content
- Offline Web Content and User Data
- Site Data
The Fifth tab "Updates" contains following sections:
- Nightly/Firefox Updates
- Automatically Update
So you can see many sections present in different tabs of previous Firefox versions have been merged together in new tabs in the latest Nightly build.
Mozilla will keep refining this new Options/Preferences page UI and we might see new tabs and sections in future versions.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Google Chrome Text Field Resizing Feature in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Uninstall New Versions of Internet Explorer Web Browser in Windows?
- How to Change Download Folder Location in Your Favorite Web Browser?
- Beginner’s Guide to Safely Configure / Disable Windows 8 / 8.1 Services
- How to Customize Power Button Action in Windows 7 Start Menu?
- How to Remove Annoying GoogleUpdate.exe Background Process After Installing Google Chrome in Windows?