ESET SysInspector: Free Registry and Process Monitoring Tool for Windows
Today we are going to share a free and useful tool developed by ESET which is a very well known security software company.
ESET SysInspector is a free diagnostic tool for Windows operating system that helps troubleshoot a wide range of system issues. Basically it comes preinstalled with ESET Smart Security suite and ESET NOD32 Antivirus but now its also available as a standalone download.
It integrates into your operating system and regularly captures details such as running system processes, registry keys, startup items and network connections. Once a snapshot of the system is made, ESET SysInspector applies heuristics to assign a risk level for each object logged.
Its UI is simple and easy to use and enables the user to easily slice through the large volume of data using a slider to select objects of a particular color coded risk level for closer examination.
ESET SysInspector is a useful utility for the tool box of every Windows user.
- Ability to generate and save a detailed log
- Option to exclude private, personal information from being saved in logs
- Integrated Anti-Stealth technology allows discovering hidden objects (e.g. rootkits) in MBR, registry entries, drivers, services and processes
- Ability to compare two existing logs for differences makes it easy to detect changes over time
- Log entries are assigned a color code risk level for easy filtering
- Intuitive hierarchical navigation of logs
- Fast and compact single file executable, ideal for first responders to run from a USB drive without lengthy installation
This free tool can be used in Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions are supported.
You can download it using following links:
Thanks to our reader "steve" for sharing it...
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?
- How to Restore All Configuration Settings of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) to Default Using Command Line
- Google Drive Launched, Get 5GB of Free Storage NOW
- [Tip] Enable Automatic Bookmarks Backup in Mozilla Firefox at Exit
- Download Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Skin for Winamp
- 8 Start: Enjoy Windows 8 Start Screen Style Homepage with Live Tiles in Web Browsers