Easy Way to Uninstall Built-in Apps in Windows 10 and 8/8.1
Windows 10 comes with many default built-in modern apps to help users such as Calendar, Mail, Music, Movies, News, Weather, Photos, etc. Although providing these modern apps bundled with Windows 10 was a good idea but some people might not need them. For example, if you already use a 3rd party email client software such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird, you may not want to use the default Mail app of Windows 10. In such situations, people may want to uninstall these bundled apps in Windows 10 to gain free space as well as to improve system performance.
Unfortunately Microsoft didn't provide any direct option to remove these built-in apps. You can't uninstall any these bundled apps in Windows 10. But fortunately, there are some advanced methods to get rid of these built-in apps which have been mentioned in following tutorial:
The above mentioned tutorial takes help of a built-in program called PowerShell to uninstall any or all modern apps in Windows 10. But this requires a few commands to execute in PowerShell program along with some expertise.
Now today in this tutorial, we are going to share another easy way to uninstall any default built-in app in Windows 10. This is the most easiest and quickest way to remove built-in apps in Windows 10.
You must be knowing about the popular CCleaner program which is a free software to clean temporary files and improve system performance in Windows, Mac and Android operating systems. Yesterday we told you about the release of a new version 5.11 of CCleaner which comes with a special and very useful feature. Now CCleaner allows you to uninstall built-in apps in Windows 10 as well as Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
So you just need to install CCleaner software and then you can uninstall any desired built-in app in Windows 10 or Windows 8/8.1 within 2 or 3 mouse clicks.
If you are ready to use CCleaner program to uninstall built-in apps in Windows, check out following simple steps:
1. First of all download and install CCleaner if you don't have it in your computer:
2. Now run CCleaner and go to "Tools" section and click on "Uninstall" tab.
3. Here you'll see all built-in apps listed. Just click on the desired modern app which you want to uninstall and then click on "Uninstall" button.
4. It'll ask for confirmation, click on OK button.
That's it. It'll take a few moments and the app will be removed from your computer.
If you decide to reinstall any app in future, you can take help of following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer (Frontpage) Free
- Official Tool to Download Windows 8.1 Setup ISO and Create Installation Media
- New “Angry Birds Go!” Game Available for Download
- How to Remove Annoying “Safe To Remove Hardware” Message Box in Windows Vista?
- [Review] Comparison Between Airtel Digital TV (ADTV) and Tata Sky DTH Services in India
- Truth Behind Hidden Secret “God Mode” (aka Master Control Panel) Found in Windows 7 and Later