"VistaVG" and "SevenVG" are 2 of the best and most popular themes available for Windows XP and I'm proud to be the person behind them. VistaVG theme is a Windows Vista look-like theme for XP and SevenVG theme was created to provide Windows 7 look-n-feel in Windows XP.
Many Windows XP users ask me when will I release a Windows 8 look-like theme for Windows XP? Now the wait is over and I think I'll not need to create such a theme for Windows XP. Why?
Our friend "PeterRollar" has created a Windows 8 RTM theme for Windows XP which transforms your Windows XP into Windows 8 RTM. This theme is based on my SevenVG theme so you can trust on the theme and can apply it without any worries. It'll not slow down your system.
Following is a preview of this theme in action:
As you can see in the above screenshot, Windows XP looks very close to Windows 8 RTM. Same square borders on windows, same borderless titlebar buttons and same clean UI.
If you also want to make your Windows XP to look-like Windows 8, you should definitely use this theme.
To enjoy the theme, just follow these simple steps:
1. First of all download the theme using following link:
2. After downloading, extract the RAR file using 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll get a folder "DA". This folder contains 2 editions of this theme:
- Advanced Version
- Standard Version
Both these editions come in 2 versions:
- Theme with Start button
- Theme without Start button
3. Copy the desired version folder to "%windir%\Resources\Themes\" folder and apply the theme using Desktop Properties. Here, %windir% means C:\Windows\ folder. We assume that Windows is installed in C: drive in your system. If you installed Windows in some other drive, replace C: with the appropriate drive letter.
You can also double-click on the .msstyles file to directly apply it.
NOTE. Make sure your system is patched to allow custom 3rd party themes. If its not, check out following tutorial to learn how to use custom themes in Windows:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Mozilla Updates Firefox Update Channels: Nightly, Aurora, Beta and Release
- [Fix] Windows XP SP3 (Service Pack 3) Setup Error: Access is Denied, Installation did not Complete
- How to Create Backup Image of Bootable USB Drives?
- How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?
- Fix Windows Store, Metro Apps and Microsoft Account Related Problems in Windows 8
- How to Get Windows Media Player (WMP) 12 Taskbar Toolbar (Taskband) Back in Windows 7?