We all know that whenever a new public version of Windows 8 was released by Microsoft, it came with a new boot screen. Windows 8 Consumer Preview came with Microsoft's favorite "Betta fish" boot screen. When Microsoft released Release Preview version of Windows 8, it came with a different boot screen.
If you are using Windows 7 and want to have a look-like boot screen in Windows 7, this topic will help you.
Today in this topic, we are going to share Windows 8 RTM look-like boot screen for Windows 7 users. Interested people can follow these simple steps to enjoy this new boot screen:
1. First download the boot screen using following link:
PS: You'll find the download link in the right-side section of the above mentioned page.
2. Once downloaded, extract the ZIP file using 7-Zip, WinRAR or any other archive utility.
3. You'll get Windows-8-RTM-Boot-Screen.bs7 file which contains the actual boot screen.
To apply this boot screen, you'll need a freeware "Windows 7 Boot Updater". You can download it using following link:
4. After downloading the free tool, run the downloaded EXE file. Its a portable program so you won't need to install it.
5. Once you run the program, click on "File -> Load boot skin..." option. It'll open browse dialog box, select the Windows-8-RTM-Boot-Screen.bs7 file which you downloaded in step 1.
6. That's it. Click on "Apply" button and it'll apply the boot screen.
7. Restart your system and get ready to enjoy new Windows 8 RTM boot screen in Windows 7.